Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - I Wanna Go Back To Bed (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's 4:30, Dorian actually slept through the night, and I should have been able to sleep some but couldn't for some reason, headache and thinking about the race.

Suicide Squad was great, although I would've ended it differently and the pic I posted last night was not in the movie, it must've been cut as were a scene or two that was in one of the bigger trailers 

But the movie was great, Deadshot was not the star although they tried to make him that way, it was Harley and the Joker (of course) who stole the movie.

Overall, a very entertaining movie - lots of colors, destruction and some humor in it.

Anyways, Jetta and I are going to head out for an easy 1.5 miler here shortly, hopefully I can get my bowels to move (but only once I get home).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning!!  A quiet thread....hopefully that means everybody is out running.  No run for me today.  I did just return from an epic NINE MILE ride with DW.  Heh...just spinning the legs out a little before tomorrow's race.   It is my final tuneup before the IM.

I tell ya, after getting up at or before 5:00 every morning this week, the 9.5 hours of sleep I got last night was badly needed.

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Heading out for some distance recovery run. Likely an hours worth.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 13 tough miles.  It was 74F/74DP at 4:30 when I got started, and it really kicked my ass.  It's a good thing I don't have anything important to do today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Barre class soon and 9 miles later.  Meeting one of my BFFs for drinks and dinner and after that, I will try to run the 9. We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

10 miles done - with the last 3 wishing I had a phone to call home.

5 miles out in 44:30, took 49:15 to get back.

It wasn't any hotter or more humid this morning than it was the last two weekends.

Must be the loss of about 5 pounds this week as I cut out all processed sugars and grains.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

It's not everyday that I walk out the door to run at almost 10:00 am with the sun beaming brightly, but with only 4 miles on the docket, I didn't think it would be a big deal.

:spoiler alert: it wasn't.

Useless Factoid: It was my shortest run in a month, a span of which I had run nothing south of 7 miles.

And in other irrelevant news, I have decided to stay the course and run the Monumental as my goal fall half. I had entertained the thought of running something else, but concluded during my run to go ahead and run the stupid thing.

onemile

And in other irrelevant news, I have decided to stay the course and run the Monumental as my goal fall half. I had entertained the thought of running something else, but concluded during my run to go ahead and run the stupid thing.

LRB

10 miles done - with the last 3 wishing I had a phone to call home.

Oof, that sucks. I see hops in your future.

onemile

I ran 5. I did a little workout last night so I figured this would be a test of if my achilles were going to actually let me train, or if some faster running was going to make things worse.  No achilles pain today so I was happy about that.

onemile

FreeSoul, I hope you got in a nice poop before your race.

LRB

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 13 tough miles.  It was 74F/74DP at 4:30 when I got started, and it really kicked my ass.  It's a good thing I don't have anything important to do today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Did you ever make a decision on running a fall marathon? I must've missed it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I had no bowel issues during the race.

This race was tough as hell, the forecast said thunderstorms last night into this morning but nothing, so it was humid.

It was 75 degrees, 90% humidity and a dew point of 72...... and my head suffered.

The first mile hit my A goal pace of sub 8 but then it started getting tougher with each mile, the next 3 miles were on nasty, tough concrete and my left foot was going numb. Around mile 2 I began to worry that my appendix was starting act up (50% of my family have had their's taken out, I am not one of them)..... so I suffered paranoia there.

I didn't reach my A goal of a sub 50 minute  finish......... But it was a PR since my last 10k race - 51:47 so not quite a minute off but not awful.

.....................AND..............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Did you ever make a decision on running a fall marathon? I must've missed it.

5k next month.  A half in Oct .  And a repeat of the February full.  That's the plan for now, but it all scares me.

Runner with a riding problem.