Beginners and Beyond

Runner dreams (or nightmares, as the case may be) (Read 62 times)

Hip Redux

Last night I had a dream I lost my toe nails (yes, plural).   My big toe nail has been a freaking mess for over a year and clearly my brain is stressing about it.  

Is this normal?  lol Do you have bizarro running dreams?

StepbyStep-SH

Mine have all been during taper for major goal races, and bizarre? Oh, hell yes.

As in running a race in a high-rise office building where you had to go in and out of every.single.room. And there were timing mats in the doorways. Miss one and you are DQ'd.

Or getting to an event on a college campus and heading out for a warm up run. Shirtless (no bra either). Realizing on that warm up that you are topless, and trying to get back to whereverthehell you started the day to find a shirt, running through campus buildings, and realizing there is no way you will get anywhere to find a shirt before the race starts.

Bizarro would be an accurate description.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Ha, I remembered another one - sort of running related.  I had a dream I was being chased by terrorists.  But not from the middle east, they were like farmers or something.  I spent a lot of time running through fields.   Then I ended up at an abandoned house trying to hide.

There have also been a few where I dreamed I traveled for a race then DNSed.  Yeah, don't know where that came from.   

StepbyStep-SH

I used to have lots of "action movie," running from the bad guys kinds of dreams as a teen. I was always quite nimble and athletic, jumping fences, etc.

I have a feeling that in the same dreams today I'd just be cowering and whimpering behind a log. Old.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Only anxiety dreams here - forgot my bib, shoes etc. or missed the alarm and so on.

I do enjoy watching my dog have running (chasing) dreams.

delicate flower

Only anxiety dreams here  

Same here.  Getting lost on the course seems to be a recurring theme for me.  Why can't I ever have a good running dream?  The only good athletic dreams I have involve hockey (I was good back when I played).

<3

LRB

My dreams run the gamut. If it's possible (or even impossible) I have dreamed about it! When I actually dream that is, as I spend most nights trying to get my stupid brain to shut off and to stop thinking about stuff.

From the Internet.

I actually had a running dream just last night and for some reason happylily was there, haha (you had made muffins and you were selling them and I wanted to buy one but I couldn't find any money) Smile I was getting ready to line up at the start for my first marathon, I was all excited to go out and kill it even though the longest I have *ever* run up to now has been 12 miles. Dream-me was fully aware of that fact but was super confident anyway.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I don't think lily would be the type of girl to sell the muffins I would dream about.

I actually had a running dream just last night and for some reason happylily was there, haha (you had made muffins and you were selling them and I wanted to buy one but I couldn't find any money) Smile I was getting ready to line up at the start for my first marathon, I was all excited to go out and kill it even though the longest I have *ever* run up to now has been 12 miles. Dream-me was fully aware of that fact but was super confident anyway.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've had the missed the start time one a couple of times.

Before the 2012 Baltimore Running Festival, I had a nightmare that I saw someone leave a backpack in the middle of a crowd and I was stuck unable to move through the massive wall of people as I was trying to get the hell out of there & telling others to do the same.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Last night I had a dream that I was putting back on Oski's toe nails....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Last night I had a dream that I was putting back on Oski's toe nails....

That was definitely a dream then as Oski has claws.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That was definitely a dream then as Oski has claws.

I was able to bear it....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Nice!

Hip Redux