Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES - It Can't Get Any Worse, Can It? (Read 248 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Good morning!  TGIM, because really, I need to get out of this house!  What a crazy weekend!  Anyway,  I'll be doing 2 (maybe 3) very easy miles during lunch today.  I'm still a little tender from my 7 yesterday.  

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if it's normal to start to experience muscle aches in new areas as your runs get longer.  For example, my calves have always taken the brunt of the running fatigue.  But yesterday I noticed that my thighs and butt were sore.  I guess I was just surprised at the new aches. 

Sounds like you need to strengthen your hips and glutes. Hip flexors and some planks can cure that.

SRD for me this morning after a solid running weekend of 10.75 and 13.1. 52 miles for the week. I entered my miles for game but don't think I am on a team yet as it still said avail. 30min spin and strength/core this morning too. Looking to up mileage some more this week as I start Week 3 of my Daniels 5k-15k plan.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Misty

Misty

Bless your heart.

@runjerseygirl

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Brrr, it is COLD today in San Antoni, we are having chilly temps for the next few days. Right now it is 44 degrees with a wind blowing at 22 mph making it feel more like 34.  Tomorrow's low will be 34 and Wed it will be 37.  Then Thursday we go back up into the 60s, thank goodness.  30s and 40s are cold for we South Texans!

I did race #71 on Saturday morning.  The report is on the forum here somewhere.  Here is the link, if you haven't already seen the report.  This was a holiday run and I think I posted about 80 photos, lol.   Is there a record for number of photos in one race report?  I think I may have that locked.    Wink

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A03499f23-ec1e-43e2-b2fe-8ed3c04d3113

My doc gets real annoyed with me when I don't behave, like don't do my weight training session regularly each week for my back.....and, after I did 73 races last year, she told me to cut back on that this year, maybe do only 3 - 4 a month, or about 50 races. Ummm, I'm already at 71 this year!  I feel good, which will make her happy, I'm sure, but I know she is going to give me the 'lecture' on the wear-and-tear toll this is taking on me, with my arthritis, etc, and how I will eventually pay for this in the future, and so forth, and  Bad dog, bad dog!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

weezer.. dude, that sucks! I'm sorry that happened.

nevrgivup - so good to see you running again.

I'm off schedule so today is up in the air. I'll post later if I run anything. I think I found a 5K for next Saturday.. I have a PR that needs breaking.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

David - that sucks! Sounds like you've had a very busy weekend with the water in the basement. About the only bright spot is that you can probably consider it cross training.

Kay, you'll get a few various sore muscles from your runs as time goes on. Generally, it's not a big deal if it's just ordinary sore muscles.

Me - taking a rest day. It's raining, I've done 14 days in a row, and my legs felt very fatigued yesterday when I ran after work. Granted, the lack of sleep didn't help (I generally get around 6 hours a night when I'm working days), but I think I just need to give them some R&R. We have to listen to our bodies from time to time.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

David: Ugggghhhhh.  What an awful end to your weekend. 

Kay: I have had that happen when I attempt a new distance.  I think it's normal.  Good luck on your run today!

AmiK: You earned that rest day after that blazing fast run yesterday!  Woot!

Basya: I hope the recovery miles go well.

Stupid Lazy Dog: Have a great 6 mile run today!

Phil: Yuck!  Sorry you are sore/achy!

Damaris: I hope all goes well at the doc's office and on your run today!

Hilary: I hope the TM miles go as well as your last run did!  Yay for getting back out there yet again.  No pain so far?

Lily: No doubt!  You ran an incredibly fast run yesterday!  You earned those easy miles today!  Woot!

B-Plus:  Have a good 7 this AM!

Jedi: You got in some nice miles last week and some great runs over the weekend.  Yes!  Well done!  You should be assigned to a team in the miles game soon.  Sometimes you have to post for a few weeks as team available b/f you get assigned: it all depends when a spot opens up.

Misty: Oh, yeah, you SO are a big deal!  Enjoy your RD today!  Your first week of marathon training is in the books!  Yes!

Scotty: Congrats on another 5K!!!  Love the report and all the pics, as usual!

Code:  Ohhh, another PR is going down in a week....I love it!

Tom: Good call on the RD today!  It sounds like you need it.

I have 12-13 on tap for today.  

Buelligan

I had an unfortunate encounter with a large pizza last night.  Then there was an ice cream incident.  I feel dirty and used.

i wish l had more pizza and ice cream.  That's how they get you.

Rrrrrr, I was just finishing up typing my post and my finger slipped and hit I don't know what and somehow the page refreshed and my post is gone.  

Anyway, the gist of it was that due to weather and laziness, it looks like today is turning out to be a URD for me.  Also, I may call a snow day for school today.

Have a good one, guys.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

And now I want pizza and ice cream.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Weezer88

I'm back up.  Roto-Rooter fixed the sump pump and Servicemaster is drying the basement out as we speak.  They'll be calling me later to assess the damage.  Thank goodness I have insurance !!!!!!!  Now I feel like I need to run to get rid of my frustration.   I wanted new carpet in the basement anyway.  However, this may affect our X-Mas plans as we were supposed to have everyone over on Christmas Day.

Hopefully the Sole F80 TM has not been affected.

I AM WEEZER.

Nevrgivup

Just back from a 3 mile run. I ventured out in the rain and it felt so good!!! A little tightness in the adductor. I need to stretch stretch stretch. Happy girl! Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

B-Plus

7.4 @ 8:16 w/ 6 strides. It seems that waking up on Monday is like pressing the reset button.

jedi - That Daniels plan is no joke!

Jess runs for bacon

Gustav, go instead to Saucon Valley Bikes in Hellertown. They are good friends of mine, tell them Jess sent you. They will take good care of you Smile They are also a little crazy, in the best way possible (which is why I like them!).

4 miles on tap for the TM tonight. I think I'll pop in a DVD so I don't get frustrated if my TM is still acting up. I really need to call the cable company to get cable hooked up in my gym.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

7.4 @ 8:16 w/ 6 strides. It seems that waking up on Monday is like pressing the reset button.

jedi - That Daniels plan is no joke!

I am counting on it!Smile felt it was best plan to focus on getting faster this spring before hitting my next marathon in fall. Phase 2 don't start for another 3 weeks yet. usually it primarily to train fro 2 spring Hms and few shorter races.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???