Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES - It Can't Get Any Worse, Can It? (Read 248 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

nevrgivup - congrats - I can see you smiling through the computer!!

Cold and rainy up here in the Northeast today.  Kinda makes crappy winter sports weather.  Pray for snow with me, will ya?

Happy Monday!

Just keep swimming.....

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

SRD for me.   Ran my 2nd HM yesterday and beat my previous time by 8 minutes and 29 seconds - really happy about that!!   I'll try to find time to write up a report later today or tomorrow......

I'm way behind in everything this morning, but I've read the dailies for the last 3 days so I could get caught up on how you lovely people are doing.  Based on your reports, y'all had an excellent weekend of running, strength training and biking!,  Great job to all of you!!  

Heidi - I sure hope your family is feeling better today!  

Happy Monday!!  May your next run be Pinkeriffic!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

outoftheblue

Good morning!

I got in 8 strong miles last night, and today is gym day -- elliptical and weights.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Just back from a 3 mile run. I ventured out in the rain and it felt so good!!! A little tightness in the adductor. I need to stretch stretch stretch. Happy girl! Big grin

Hey!! You're running again!

Great news!

Cool

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Hilary - nice running this morning!!!!! I'm so happy you're back in business! Smile

I was up late last night doing homework and didn't get my mile in until 11pm. I did not run this morning because I needed to sleep. I'll do three easy miles tonight after my son goes to bed. I developed a schedule for the rest of this week and for the weeks moving forward before I start my HM plan. I really need the structure of having a plan to stay on track at 30 mpw. Otherwise, I don't plan well enough to make sure I can get the miles in around everything else I have going on with family, work, and school.

Blah....why does it have to be Monday????

seeamyrun

6 slow miles for me in about an hour. Late night with the work Christmas party and maybe a little to much wine Blush.

Have a great day!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yay! Congrats on the PR, Sarah!!!!

Nevrgivup

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!! I am so happy and can't thank you guys enough for being here for me when I wasn't my most happiest. I am beyond excited, that I even ran in the rain today. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jess runs for bacon

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!! I am so happy and can't thank you guys enough for being here for me when I wasn't my most happiest. I am beyond excited, that I even ran in the rain today. 

You say it like running in the rain is a bad thing Smile Congrats!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Planning on a couple miles plus my ITB rehab on my lunchbreak. The next couple weeks are going to be horrendously busy so I'll get my runs in whenever I can.

not lazy, just tired

I had an unfortunate encounter with a large pizza last night.  Then there was an ice cream incident.  I feel dirty and used.

i wish l had more pizza and ice cream.  That's how they get you.

lol... I had an unfortunate encounter with pizza and tres leche cake yesterday.

Went out and did my 6.5 easy miles in the rain. I was pretty wet and cold when I finished (39° out). A hot shower sure felt good!

Not if it makes sense.

Jane

9.1 easy miles done.  Goal for the rest of the month is to get in more slightly longer easy runs than I have been.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Docket_Rocket

Back from the doctor but I have work coming out of my ears. Very happy with the doctor visit. I wish I could have a pizza encounter too!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Hilary: I'm oh-so-happy for you!  MBC is right: I can see smiling through the 'puter too.

MBC: You've got it: pulling for snow to be sent your way!

Sarah: Holy smokes!  Congrats on the 8+ minute PR in the HM this weekend - how amazing is that?!?!?!  That is HUGE!  Woot!  Way to go!

Flippy: I know what you mean about the plan and I feel 100% the same way.  I try to plan out my weeks.  When I just tried to do it willy nilly, I ended up running too many runs at the same speed and/or close to the same pace.  Not good!  I can't believe you are so close to starting your plan, though, for your next already.  You are going to kill it in Spring.  Pfitz is going to be your new bestie...

Never: Great work on the easy miles today.  That sounds like a good plan, working in more easy runs.  When you have time, I posted a ? for you on FB re: those ice queen pants...you know how important Lulu questions are, after all Big grin

Amy: Enjoy the easy miles today.  It sounds like you had  a blast at the party last night!

Sigh - I thought I was good to go after eating my first real meal all weekend last night since the flu struck, but I feel like garbage today.  I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm afraid to.  This sucks.  I'm going to attempt a run later, but know that I'll likely have to cut it short. My 6 year old's fever just broke, so he's on the mend.  Are you guys over my "ohhh, I'm/my kids are so sick" posts?  Sorry.  This flu won't die!

@runjerseygirl

3 miles with fartleks.  At least I think that's what I did.  Anyway, this was my first time running "naked," and I'm not exactly fond of it. I know I ran 3, because it was my normal route.  I just don't know how long it took me to do it.  I think 31ish minutes.  But I don't know.  I am definitely more comfortable running with some sort of GPS.  

Do you even run?