Beginners and Beyond

Shoe Review: Adidas Energy Boost 2M (Read 43 times)

LRB

With all the hype and hoopla surrounding the Adidas boost foam, I half expected to put them on and have a seat while they ran for me. But alas, that did not happen so two thumbs down.

LRB

Seriously, today's run was on the belt so I will not know until I get them out on the strip. But for those who want to experiment with them and save over $100.00 off their normal $159.99 price tag in the process (depending on the color), they can be found at Finsh Line (link) for men and (here) for women.

Also, as Jay Deezy pointed out in the dailies, a $50.00 gift card can be had from Running Warehouse with the purchase of certain racing flats. Women (here), men (here). So I used the occasion to try out the Saucony Fastwitch for basically 25 bucks.

Zoom-zoom!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Seriously, today's run was on the belt so I will not know until I get them out on the strip. But for those who want to experiment with them and save over $100.00 off their normal $159.99 price tag in the process (depending on the color), they can be found at Finsh Line (link) for men and (here) for women.

Also, as Jay Deezy pointed out in the dailies, a $50.00 gift card can be had from Running Warehouse with the purchase of certain racing flats. Women (here), men (here). So I used the occasion to try out the Saucony Fastwitch for basically 25 bucks.

Zoom-zoom!

I have almost decided to use mine as my main shoes.

Brilliant

Zoom-zoom!

What exactly makes a shoe a racing "flat"?  I clicked on the link and the women's shoes were not what I expected, some have as much as a 11mm drop.  I thought flat meant, well, flat...  Some of them seem to have a lot of cushioning too, which I also didn't expect.

LRB

What exactly makes a shoe a racing "flat"?

I would say weight and cushioning (or lack thereof) but the actual amount varies between models. I do not pay much attention to off-set or drop so I cannot speak on that.

It is possible the term racing flat was borrowed from track & field and is used to describe road racing's version of them? I do not know.

The shoes listed though (the DS Racer 10, Adios, Fastwich, Hyper Speed 6, Hitogami, etc) are definitely known as racing shoes in our sport and are not shoes most would wear for logging the bulk of weekly mileage.

Brilliant

The DS Racer 10 and Adios were two that seemed really bulky to me, based on the photos and descriptions.  But maybe you're right; a racing flat for a longer distance might be different from the 50 meter track & field event.

Now to decide if I can hide another pair of shoes from hubby.  I've already bought 3 in the last month so based on my mileage I'm good through at least the end of the year!

LRB

Now to decide if I can hide another pair of shoes from hubby.

'Atta girl!

happylily

$212.45 US. That's how much this damn thread has cost me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

$212.45 US. That's how much this damn thread has cost me.

Good Lord. Next time I'll just order the stupid things for you and we'll meet in Windsor for lunch. It cannot be that much worse. lol

From the Internet.

I wish I had known about the racing flats thing before I bought another pair of DSTs 2 days ago. DS Racers for essentially $22... I am going to be in so much trouble!

From the Internet.

The DS Racer 10 and Adios were two that seemed really bulky to me, based on the photos and descriptions.  But maybe you're right; a racing flat for a longer distance might be different from the 50 meter track & field event.

Now to decide if I can hide another pair of shoes from hubby.  I've already bought 3 in the last month so based on my mileage I'm good through at least the end of the year!

I creeped your log and it looks like you run in the Brooks Ravenna quite a lot - the DS Racer will definitely feel lighter. The DS Trainer is my primary shoe, and I found that less bulky than the Ravenna when I tried both on.

happylily

Good Lord. Next time I'll just order the stupid things for you and we'll meet in Windsor for lunch. It cannot be that much worse. lol

It's actually a great deal for me. I got myself three fantastic pairs of shoes, PLUS a $50 card. American dollars! Woohoo! I'm rich!

We can still meet in Windsor for lunch, though.

LRB

It's actually a great deal for me. I got myself three fantastic pairs of shoes, PLUS a $50 card. American dollars! Woohoo! I'm rich!

We can still meet in Windsor for lunch, though.

I am glad you got a deal. I would have preferred the Racer 10's but my size was not available in the color I wanted and the new color does nothing for me.

As a result, I now own 3 different models of racing flats! 

PADRunner

Got a pair of Wave Universes to try out

happylily

I am glad you got a deal. I would have preferred the Racer 10's but my size was not available in the color I wanted and the new color does nothing for me.

As a result, I now own 3 different models of racing flats! 

I got my usual Newtons Distance for racing marathons. Plus a pair of Asics DS-Trainers for everyday training. And a pair of Asics Hyper Speed 6 which weigh 4.5 ounces, for speed training and shorter distances racing (like I do much of that anyway.) . I normally run in Asics DS-Racers, because of the added bit of stability, but they are a bit heavier and I already have a brand new pair. I'm hoping that I don't really need stability after all. I heard that too many people wrongly think that they overpronate...