Beginners and Beyond

Where's the pie WednesDAILIES? (Read 35 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Smile

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, daily folk!

I cut this morning's run short. It was supposed to be 11 miles w/5x6:00 intervals, 4:00 recovery. My "speed" portions weren't hitting the paces I wanted, but I was OK with that. Then about halfway through the 4th one, I got a stabbing pain in the front, inside of my right arch, just behind the big joint. I walked a bit and tried running again and it still hurt, so I decided to shut it down. It was too cold to just walk (feels like -1*), and by the time I jogged the 3 blocks on back to my house (thankfully I was doing loops in my neighborhood!), it was feeling a bit better. But I decided it was still smarter to lose 3 miles today than potentially cause an injury that would cost me a week or more of training.

So, 8 miles in 1:19:45  with some fartleks at roughly GMP.

The rest of the day will be baking pie and coffee cake and slicing up a bunch of veggies, interspersed with trying to finish up a couple of projects for a client. It's "hurry up and wait" kind of work - I don't know exactly when the information will be coming in, but when it does, I need to turn it around quickly.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hmmm, pie.

Woke up with a migraine so I moved the T25 workout for tonight together with my run.  At the doctor waiting for my allergy shot and then work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Shari, I sure hope it's nothing with your foot. Feels like -1*? You are strong to run in that temp. People here in Bama looked at me all crazy last night when I was out at 38* with feels like 29*

I love pie, what kind you baking?

5 last night with Bella, that's her first time doing the distance. Tonight I'll go solo for 7-8.

hog4life

D, you snuck in, sorry about the migraine, hope it goes away soon.

delicate flower

TURKEY IS TOMORROW!  HOORAY for that delicious fowl!  Manchester Road Race too, which will adequately prepare me, MBC, and Oski for all day gorging.  5 mile race cancels out all calories consumed on Turkey Day.

8 easy treadmill miles last night, and 5 more easy treadmill miles this morning.  My legs have felt sluggish all week.  I am hoping it's from cutting back the miles the last four days...sort of like a taper thing.

Holy crap is it raining today.  I mean, it is pouring out there.  I suppose we need the rain.

And GOOD MORNING! 

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. 5 Mile Pace run on the TM this AM.

Man it'd be nice to have a Turkey Trot tomorrow. But alas, it is not so for me. If we did it sure would be chilly. It's currently 11 degrees with a 10 mph wind.

- Andrew

Pinktastic

TURKEY IS TOMORROW!  HOORAY for that delicious fowl!  Manchester Road Race too, which will adequately prepare me, MBC, and Oski for all day gorging.  5 mile race cancels out all calories consumed on Turkey Day.

8 easy treadmill miles last night, and 5 more easy treadmill miles this morning.  My legs have felt sluggish all week.  I am hoping it's from cutting back the miles the last four days...sort of like a taper thing.

Holy crap is it raining today.  I mean, it is pouring out there.  I suppose we need the rain.

And GOOD MORNING! 

I think we need pics of you, MBC, Oski and Mr. Oski enjoying the gorge-fest.   Just sayin'

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!   Don't know about you, but I'm off today!  Woo hoo!

I'm about to start making the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie.  I've never made it before so wish me luck.

Planning to run while the pie cools.  Hopefully it'll be warmer out by then - it's 29 and windy right now.

Have a Pintacukar Day!  And, may your next run be that run that keeps you motivated for days to come!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Bourbon pie, yum.

And if 5 miles cancel all calories out, I'm better because I am running a 10K!  Hoozah!!!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!   Don't know about you, but I'm off today!  Woo hoo!

I'm about to start making the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie.  I've never made it before so wish me luck.

Planning to run while the pie cools.  Hopefully it'll be warmer out by then - it's 29 and windy right now.

Have a Pintacukar Day!  And, may your next run be that run that keeps you motivated for days to come!

- Sarah

Hello!!!!

Mmmmm...beer

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people" -Bill Bowerman 

13 miles done in the cold rain. Gloves would have been a good idea. Hopefully I'll regain the use of my hands in time for Thanksgiving dinner, otherwise someone is going to have to feed me.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not really got anything planned today, just excited about tomorrow morning and hoping I get some good sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh man, that was a hard run. 8 w 3x1600 @ 6:30. I only hit one interval at 6:30 but the other two were uphill and perceived effort and all that. I worked my butt off and at this point in the marathon cycle that was a tough run. Also, I learned something about running in the cold (33 this morning): my lungs and eyeballs were cold! That was a weird sensation. Smile

Happy Thanksgiving, Dailies.

Ric-G

step - good call..heal up

D - feel better

hog - nice 5

baboon - "they" always say we need the rain

brrr - TM sounds about right

pink - save me a slice of that pie

D2 - cool 13 in the rain

free - same here

jack - nice job, you're doing great

srd...i guess...may do a few miles later or not...shouldn't matter....off work tomorrow and friday....that's what matters...have a great day everyone AND a happy thanksgiving manana.

marathon pr - 3:16