Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and The Chocolate Cake Diet (Read 39 times)

LRB

This isn't the kind of article people need to see after concluding a holiday season of gluttony. I mean, if the chocolate cake is a part of a 600 calorie breakfast, it has to be a sliver. Quick, when was the last time you saw someone eating a sliver of chocolate cake? Exactly.

There is something to be said for moderation however (1600 total daily calories for men, 1400 for women), do that, and you surely will lose weight.

Anyway, it's snowing out, my energy levels are low, and I have zero motivation to run this morning, but will try to tough one out. You?

Cyberic

Winter is really here this week. It will be a test on my motivation.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7-8 miles with 2 at MP tonight, after Pilates.

Losing weight is not that simple.  I can eat the correct amount of calories and run 200 miles a month and gain weight.  For men, it might me, but the crap about eating less than burned does not work for everybody.  Especially on medication, LOL.  Just finished prednisone and only gained 2lbs.  For that, I am happy.  It could have been 20lbs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm on board with that diet plan. A piece of chocolate cake is no worse than any of the baked goods in the Starbucks case. There was a great Bill Cosby bit about chocolate cake for breakfast, but I guess he's not so funny anymore.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I'm on board with that diet plan. A piece of chocolate cake is no worse than any of the baked goods in the Starbucks case. There was a great Bill Cosby bit about chocolate cake for breakfast, but I guess he's not so funny anymore.

Oh, but that joke was funny then.  Too bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 cold, windy, snowy miles.  10F windchill and slick roads- winter can take it right in the face.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning again!  Another morning, another early swim.  Master group workout for 2200 yards.  It kind of felt like I had an anchor tied to my waist today, but I hung in there like a champ.  No running on the schedule this afternoon, but I do have a bike workout.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up ya'll? Last week sucked mileage wise, I ran 3 times, totalling 31 miles. Dorian was sick all week but got worse Wednesday evening, I took him to the clinic Thursday night, he had an infection in both ears and a horribly sore throat, swollen tonsils. They prescribed him some antibiotics, he was feeling much better by Friday night but currently still has a cough now. I didn't feel right doing a lot of running while he was feeling so awful, but I managed a 14.1 mile LR Sunday.

This back and forth weather is driving me Batshit crazy, I got 8 miles in this morning. It was 23 degrees with a feels like 13, 9 mph W winds.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

If you eat 600 calories for breakfast on a 1400 calorie diet, it's going to be a long rest of the day.

10 w/5 tempo

Dave

Hip Redux

45 min on the elliptigo up on a trainer, and that was tough.

LRB

45 min on the elliptigo up on a trainer, and that was tough.

We'll need to see pics of that! Cool

LRB

If you eat 600 calories for breakfast on a 1400 calorie diet, it's going to be a long rest of the day.

Speaking of ridiculous, when the paczkis showed up to the office this morning, the staff swarmed that box like flies to a landfill. lol

LRB

...but I managed a 14.1 mile LRB Sunday.  

onemile

My Sunday LRB was awful.