Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Making up for lost time (Read 25 times)

LRB

Well, I suppose you don't actually lose time during DST, your day just starts sooner.

Having said that it's almost noon instead of 11:00, so I've lost a frickin hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I don't like the time change either.  I went out for 14 miles this morning and got home at quarter to eleven, which is ridiculous.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

I slept in till 5:55😀

3.83 with 2.5 dirt bumps(all bumps) mostly slightly elevated, then 1.33 roadcrown hill

Work day

It’s nearly 9:30 already, and my incentive to get out there soon is that rain is coming later. But seemingly not a sufficient incentive. Plus I have a dog on my lap, so what can I do.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.7 miles.  Around mile 4 I passed a business that said it was 9:30. Nope.it was 10:30. 40.7 for the week.

sdWhiskers

7 miles, 50 for the week!

MrW and I weren't smart enough to figure out how to adjust DS to DST. Wake him earlier or later  Whatever, he's always screwed up for the week.

Docket_Rocket

It was hard waking up an hour earlier than the day before for the race, thanks DST.

I was in better shape mentally for this race which helped making it a great one. I ran/walked it because it was mostly bricks on the road and my lower back and ITB aren't at 100% but getting there and even then it was like 1:30mm faster than yesterday. And I had some fun.

And the medal is huge as usual with this company:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Nice race swag there, Docket!

I ran 14 miles.  Good pace for an easy effort.

<3

It’s nearly 9:30 already, and my incentive to get out there soon is that rain is coming later. But seemingly not a sufficient incentive. Plus I have a dog on my lap, so what can I do.

Well I had to get the dog off me to go pee, so I figured I might as well get out there. Not in time to beat the rain though; ran 11 miles in a steady drizzle. 

66 for the week.

Dave

Cyberic

9.5, 70.8.

Docket_Rocket

Some good news among all this shit: The hospital wasn’t giving my dad the thyroid meds and she asked on Thursday or Friday. They started giving him the med. he has been sleeping and not eating. Today? He ate half of the breakfast, a juice, half of the lunch and candy. I wonder if the thyroid meds were messing him up before.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

RunningOnSand

5.3 miles run in very windy conditions. I'm reminded once more how much I dislike the wind. But, I ran in crops and a LS w/ no gloves or winter hat, so that was a bonus!

RunningOnSand

Some good news among all this shit: The hospital wasn’t giving my dad the thyroid meds and she asked on Thursday or Friday. They started giving him the med. he has been sleeping and not eating. Today? He ate half of the breakfast, a juice, half of the lunch and candy. I wonder if the thyroid meds were messing him up before.

That's good they figured that out!

LRB

I ended up running 7.5.

I ran into a 20 MPH or whatever it was headwind the last mile and a half and would've stopped and hopped on a bus had one come by!