Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Mornin'.

I ran 4.50 miles in 42:35. 9:28 pace.

I need to eat, shower, and make myself appear like a civilized human being.

Have a great day, everyone.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 easy miles.  It was 52F, dry, and the sky was full of stars.  Not a bad way to start a Monday.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Hi.

Today is opening day for baseball (although six teams played yesterday so technically it was Sunday) with 26 teams taking the field. Two more tomorrow.

It used to be that baseball was the official (unofficial) beginning of spring, but with a wind chill of 20 this morning, mother nature apparently didn't get the memo!

delicate flower

It is 25 degrees and snowing.  WHERE'S SPRING.  I shut off the alarm clock this morning and slept in instead of getting my swim on.  So now I'll be doubling up with a swim'/run after work.

My legs are a little tired from the weekend shenanigans.

<3

LRB

My legs are a little tired from the weekend shenanigans.

Indeed. There was a point during my run this morning, where I felt like I was moving so slow, I literally laughed out loud. It was ridiculous!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  7-8 miles for me tonight.

LRB, I liked it a lot!  Pretty good continuation from Superman.

Damaris

Hi.

Today is opening day for baseball (although six teams played yesterday so technically it was Sunday) with 26 teams taking the field. Two more tomorrow.

It used to be that baseball was the official (unofficial) beginning of spring, but with a wind chill of 20 this morning, mother nature apparently didn't get the memo!

Opening day of baseball season is a glorious thing. Not necessarily because it signifies the arrival of spring (although it was 70 & sunny here yesterday ), but because it signifies the arrival of baseball. It's the Cubs' year, baby! Although everyone is predicting them to win it all, so, I expect it will end up being a disaster. Opening day baseball and NCAA finals, and I turn on Mike & Mike this morning and what are they talking about? Fucking Colin Kaepernick. JHC.

Oh, and SRD.

MTA: speaking of baseball, anyone who is a fan of the game must find the documentary Fastball. Watched it on Comcast On Demand, not sure where else it is. A truly awesome film.

Dave

LRB

Morning!  7-8 miles for me tonight.

LRB, I liked it a lot!  Pretty good continuation from Superman.

Yes, I actually went back and watched Man of Steel again, and liked it better the second time.

delicate flower

MTA: speaking of baseball, anyone who is a fan of the game must find the documentary Fastball. Watched it on Comcast On Demand, not sure where else it is. A truly awesome film.

Good to know.  I saw that as an option while scrolling through all the movies.  I'll make sure to watch it.  Re: Mike and Mike, I've been listening for years and they are starting to wear on me.  I don't what the hell is going on lately but it's turned into constant whining from one topic to the next, and every day Greenberg has something new that he thinks is the worst thing ever.  I've been listening to them less and less.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, I actually went back and watched Man of Steel again, and liked it better the second time.

I like it more every time I watch it, so I agree.

Damaris

LRB

Opening day baseball and NCAA finals, and I turn on Mike & Mike this morning and what are they talking about? Fucking Colin Kaepernick. JHC.

lol

Re: Mike and Mike, I've been listening for years and they are starting to wear on me.  I don't what the hell is going on lately but it's turned into constant whining from one topic to the next, and every day Greenberg has something new that he thinks is the worst thing ever.  I've been listening to them less and less.

Yeah, same here. Actually have not been listening to them much for a while now, because it seems every time I tune in they're talking about something stupid. Today I just figured they had to be talking baseball, maybe even with Timmy or Buster or Jayson. But nope, just stupid.

Dave

LRB

Today was one of those days at work where I didn't do shit! I had it coming though, it's been a bitch in that place for months.

I left early to head to the center for a session on the Eccentron. Given the Condition of my legs, it's going to be ugly!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Although I may go walk on the treadmill to make my Fit bit happy and get a "springer" (6000 steps) for our wellness challenge at work. I don't want to look like too much of a slacker to my team.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anybody see this? Saw it on FB

http://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2016/04/popular-blogger-banned-from-boston.html

Anyways, rest day for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)