Beginners and Beyond

Run for food SaturDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Does it get any better? 

Cyberic

SRD yesterday. Went out for beer at lunch, then the boss was paying mimosas in the afternoon, then went to my buddy Fred's place for a beer, then to the office party where I had, of course, wine and beer (and a Jack Daniels). But I had the foot on the brake pedal all the way. I wanted to be able to run today, and I will run my scheduled time this afternoon of around 1:40.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Took rest day today. Started my next cookie project for Dh to take to work. Oreo cookie ball Santa hats. All formed. Will dip them and decorate after puppy pool.

Marjorie

onemile

I ran 7.5 on the TM this morning. 2 wu + 3x1 mile T (8.5mph/7:04 pace) with 1 minute recoveries + 6x200R (9.9mph/6:04) with 200 recovery jogs.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up an hour ago because my husband kept waking me up all night with his sweats (that's what happens after the fever).  Something long tonight, either his or mine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I'm going to run 8.

LRB

"R" pace ladder workout done: 3 miles easy + 1 mile at tempo + 2 x 200 + 2 x 400 + 2 x 600 + 1 x 800.

"You wake up, flawless
                Post up, flawless
                Ridin' round in it, flawless
                Flossin' on that, flawless
                This diamond, flawless
                My diamond, flawless
                This rock, flawless
                My Roc, flawless
                I woke up like this, I woke up like this."

Time to eat shit up!

LRB

Morning!  Woke up an hour ago because my husband kept waking me up all night with his sweats (that's what happens after the fever).  Something long tonight, either his or mine.

Not sure why but this post is funny to me. 

Yo, people.

So I tried to turn on my Garmin this morning & it was frozen. Time showed 12:47 AM, and none of the buttons worked. Tried the reset but seemed like I was holding down all the buttons forever with nothing doing. Thoughts of a new Garmin for Xmas ran through my head. Alas, eventually it reset, and ended up working fine.

A bit chilly out this morning, but if it stayed like this all winter I'd be ecstatic. Of course it won't. About 26 degrees, but no wind, so just went with double shirt & single gloves. 6 miles at 8:23. Thinking about kicking it up to 8 miles tomorrow...oooh!

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yo, people.

So I tried to turn on my Garmin this morning & it was frozen. Time showed 12:47 AM, and none of the buttons worked. Tried the reset but seemed like I was holding down all the buttons forever with nothing doing. Thoughts of a new Garmin for Xmas ran through my head. Alas, eventually it reset, and ended up working fine.

A bit chilly out this morning, but if it stayed like this all winter I'd be ecstatic. Of course it won't. About 26 degrees, but no wind, so just went with double shirt & single gloves. 6 miles at 8:23. Thinking about kicking it up to 8 miles tomorrow...oooh!

Have a good day everyone.

My Garmin did that the other day as well. I found a video on YouTube that showed me how to reset it and it's fine. 4 miles and some strides done. HM is tomorrow.

LRB: nice workout!

LRB

4 miles and some strides done. HM is tomorrow.

Perfect!

LRB

2 wu + 3x1 mile T (8.5mph/7:04 pace) with 1 minute recoveries + 6x200R (9.9mph/6:04) with 200 recovery jogs.

Eat well, you have earned it!

You pick out your spring 5k(s) yet?  It's going to be interesting to see how you fit it all together with that race in April.

LRB

I'm going to run 8.

I know you do not wear them anymore but the DS Racer 10 was such a hit that Asics is delaying the 11 and upgrading the color scheme on the 10 instead...for now at least.

I am impartial to the red/electric yellow color scheme of the original DS Racer 10 and will be looking to grab about four pair of them shits once the price gets down to around 60 bucks (currently $73 at the house).

I paid $110 for my first pair and $90 for my second and had no issues with either because the shoe is just awesome.

Docket_Rocket

Woke up with a migraine and I still have it. Blah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I know you do not wear them anymore but the DS Racer 10 was such a hit that Asics is delaying the 11 and upgrading the color scheme on the 10 instead...for now at least.

I am impartial to the red/electric yellow color scheme of the original DS Racer 10 and will be looking to grab about four pair of them shits once the price gets down to around 60 bucks (currently $73 at the house).

I paid $110 for my first pair and $90 for my second and had no issues with either because the shoe is just awesome.

I had meant to message you a few days ago when those were on the 12 days of savings over at the house 

It was a decent shoe for me, but I was never able to run quietly in them. I wonder if the 10 would be any better for me, since I only ran in the 9 and the Bandito, and from what I understand the 10 is quite different.