Beginners and Beyond

"World's Best Beer" available temporarily in U.S. (Read 439 times)

mucknort

Okay, so it's not Beer Friday yet, but I just read of this news and am wondering if any of our beer snobs here might get a hold of a sixer?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/worlds-best-beer-finally-available-173648182--abc-news-topstories.html

Mr MattM

I can't get any locally... but I have had it shipped to me from Belgium.  Yes, really.

be curious; not judgmental

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I heard about this on NPR this morning. Interesting.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

...yeah... the search is on as far as I am concerned.

Just B.S.

Guess they never heard of Moosehead!LOL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It would be wasted on me, but if I see any I might buy it then auction it on eBay.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mucknort

I can't get any locally... but I have had it shipped to me from Belgium.  Yes, really.

...and your review???

Mr MattM

...and your review???

Incomparable.

It.Is.Heaven.

I've had all three... the Blonde, the 8, and the 12... if you can find it, get it.

mucknort

Incomparable.

It.Is.Heaven.

I've had all three... the Blonde, the 8, and the 12... if you can find it, get it.

Well, I called my local "dealer", Brewtopia, and they said this stuff had been ordered weeks ago and I won't be getting a sniff of it.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

My fridge is filled with Trappiste beersBig grin.

This place is just down the street tooJoking... you should all come visit Belgium.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mr MattM

Yum!  I can get plenty of Trappiste Ales locally... just not THAT particular ale...

My fridge is filled with Trappiste beersBig grin.

This place is just down the street tooJoking... you should all come visit Belgium.

delicate flower

Heh...good luck getting ahold of it.  No way any of those ever sees a beer shelf.  

<3

MattM:

Is it THAT much better than St. Bernardus Abt.12 to specially seek out? (Not taking rarity into consideration)

Buelligan

I wonder if it's as good as Natty Daddy?

Mr MattM

MattM:

Is it THAT much better than St. Bernardus Abt.12 to specially seek out? (Not taking rarity into consideration)

Rarity also indicates production value... Westvletern only produces what they need to in order to fund their Abbey for the year.  Their production is so limited that it has to be much more 'intimate' brewing process... and that does impact the experience.  But really, it's like the 'mint condition' rating scale for coins.  Two coins are both 'mint condition' and identical to the naked eye, yet one is rated 62 and the other 65... the value of the 65 can be dramatically higher than the 62, but you'd never know it just looking at them.