Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Word. (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup!

Just a short trot on the agenda for me and hopefully a little strength work in the form of barbell squats.

It is one of my all time favorite exercises which formed the foundation of my fitness, but also one that took a backseat once I began running.  With my new emphasis on strength and core this season however I am hoping to return to it and a lot more.

We will see how the time goes this morning for that but enough about me, tell me what do you have planned for today?

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun running and doing strength work.

Aftwr work, I'll go to the gym for some easy miles.

Planning a lunchtime run. Ready for the weekend.

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning, Dick and Jane Internets!  In case you missed it, it is FRIDAY.  lol omg

I did another one of those feels-like-a-double PM/AM combos last night and this morning.  Last night was 8.3 miles around the neighborhood, and this morning was 8 miles on the gym treadmill.  Both were done at an easyish effort.  This morning's treadmill run was a real mental battle though.  Half mile in I wanted to get off the damn thing.

I am blowing off my 6.55 mile race tomorrow.  I feel a hard 15 mile training run will better serve my marathon training.  So sue me.

Time to find coffee.  BYE!

<3

happylily

Shame on you, Baboon. 

15 miles tonight. Then I have to set the table for brunch tomorrow. It's my little sis' birthday today AND also my son-in-law's this weekend (my DD had to remind me of that one or I would have completely forgotten...). Hopefully I can get some new baby pics.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Since Mother Nature decided that freezing rain and snow were acceptable for April 4 in Wisconsin, I'll be inside for today's run - 6-8 miles, either on the treamill or track. Then I'm going to meet friends for lunch at an Indian place - any suggestions for what I should order? I've only had Indian one other time. Tandoori chicken sounds safe (I need to be gluten-free), but I'm open to suggestions.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 recovery miles tonight.

My massage therapist finally worked on my psoas and it was, of course, fucked up.  But now it feels so much better.  He also taped my foot for my heel soreness (it's been like that for months).  I have ugly feet but if you want to see let me know cause the taping is very techie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Shari, I love Indian food, but I can't remember the name of anything, except for butter chicken, tandoori chicken and naan bread. Try their soups, they are excellent. I love everything that is served warm, but I'm not crazy about their cold dishes (like salads, etc...) Their ice cream is good too! It's called kulfi, or something like that.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ugg...

Feel very young girlish...   Hopped on the scale and went up a lb! - not something I want to see the day before a race.  

Not feeling the pre-race jitters so there is that, but I am not sure what that means.

(See told you very young girly)

LRB

Just a short trot on the agenda for me and hopefully a little strength work in the form of barbell squats.

I cannot believe it but I actually did it.  I ran after squatting.  It is counter-intuitive to all things weight lifting but with running you have to fit strength training in wherever you can, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, 4 miles done.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I cannot believe it but I actually did it.  I ran after squatting.  It is counter-intuitive to all things weight lifting but with running you have to fit strength training in wherever you can, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, 4 miles done.

Good job!

Its odd, some of my faster workouts have been after coach had us warm-up and do sprints, strides, hills.   Feeling damn blasted, he'll have us go out for a 1k - 3k time trial.   And the times are sometimes a shock...

Then I'm going to meet friends for lunch at an Indian place - any suggestions for what I should order? I've only had Indian one other time. Tandoori chicken sounds safe (I need to be gluten-free), but I'm open to suggestions.

If your friends are frequent Indian food eaters, let them order for you. I will tell you a couple of my personal favorites: I am with Lily on the butter chicken, and an eggplant dish called baigan bartha.

Dave

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Friday everyone,

DH and I got back home from our trip last night. All my runs have been on a TM this week, and it looks like the trend will continue. It's stormy here today. We just had some small hail pass through, so it's looking like it'll be the Y today. I'm waiting for this line to pass before I go to pick up the doggies.

Hip Redux

Since Mother Nature decided that freezing rain and snow were acceptable for April 4 in Wisconsin, I'll be inside for today's run - 6-8 miles, either on the treamill or track. Then I'm going to meet friends for lunch at an Indian place - any suggestions for what I should order? I've only had Indian one other time. Tandoori chicken sounds safe (I need to be gluten-free), but I'm open to suggestions.

I would probably ask because some of the sauces may have soy sauce.  Tandoori chicken is grilled without sauce, so I agree you are probably ok.   The chicken tikka masala that my Indian place makes is also safe, but it might differ with restaurants.

Zelanie

Hi everyone!  5-7 tonight after work and DD's robotics tournament.

OOTB- I did see your reply on Wed., thank you!  If your theory is right, then I'm a week behind on my LRs too, since my week starts on Monday for a Sunday race.  So I think I will go ahead and run the 10 this weekend, but split up the 8 next week.

If you've got some time to kill at work today, you can watch the live stream of the tournament from two camera angles:

Red Alliance or Blue Alliance (the teams randomly move between colors until the playoffs tomorrow afternoon.  DD's team is #997.

Here are the basic rules:

The first 30 seconds of the match, the robots have to be in automated mode, and any points they score are worth extra.  After that, the team's drivers get to drive the robot.  The teams score 10 points for a shot into the high goal, and 1 point for dumping the ball into the low corner goal.  For every shot they make, there are a ton of bonus points available for assists.  So if all three robots touch the ball, and the ball doesn't touch the ground, and then they score into the high goal, that's an awesome sequence.