Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day as I'm spectating the Charleston marathon. We leave in a few and I will watch my fellow forumite race

Marjorie

Cyberic

Hello Dailies,

It's pretty darn cold again this morning, but thankfully I'm running in the afternoon today. It should warm up to more tolerable running temps. About 90-100 minutes easy on the menu. Think I'll try out the YakTrax Run. They are different from the regular YakTrax as the regular have coils providing traction underneath the whole foot, whereas the Run model have spikes under the forefoot area, and coils under the heel area. Told the wife they might break after the 1st run or something, I was not so confident with their build or their efficiency, but I would give them a try.

delicate flower

'Morning, kiddos!  I'm working this morning, which is fine because I'll actually get stuff done without people bothering me.  I've got a tempo run to get to later, which I'll do in the early afternoon when the temperature is at its peak (low 20's).

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The winner of the half just came in. 5:30 a mile. Insanely ahead of second place.  3 min ahead of the second place finisher

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No races this weekend.  I am TRYING to listen to my doc for a change and take it a BIT easier this year, as my recent tests show that my hip and spine arthritis have progressed a bit.   Plan to just kick back this weekend, do some running on my own, and my weight training circuit, probably on Sunday.    This morning, Gail and I are taking Sinatra to the vet to get his stitches out and he will get rid of his cone, which I am sure will make him very happy.   After that, Gail plans on going to her Yoga today (Bikram Yoga, 90 minutes in a 105-degree room, yikes!) and I plan on getting a nice run in at a local park.  It should be VERY nice as the San Antonio weather today is sunny with a high of 68 degrees, sweeet!    Sunday, my hill route at Joint Base Fort Sam Houston, followed by my weight training circuit at the base gym - they have some really nice equipment and it is very relaxed and not too busy on a Sunday morning.   Monday, it will be nice to sleep in.

Enjoy cheering your friend on, Marjorie.  Good luck to her!   Wow, that is some speedy leaders you are watching there!

Good luck with the Yax Trax, Cy. Hope they don't break on you!  Gives me a mental image of you sliding down a giant winter ice hill or something, if they break and you fall.....yikes!

Low 20s....BRRRR!   Stay safe out there, Baboon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Winning women 82 min. I think thirteenth overall

49 states. All but Hawaii is here.

Now ow waiting for the marathoners

Marjorie

Hip Redux

I really, really, really didn't want to get up and go to pilates this morning.    I have a black eye that doesn't hurt but it's a lot of pressure on my eye, my hamstring was bothering me last night, my knee has been killing me, I didn't sleep well and it was a feels like temp of -1 this morning.

But I did.   And now rewarding myself by taking the hubby (who slept until 9!) out for breakfast.

Enjoy the day, folks!

LRB

Rest day for me, and I am no worse for the wear from all that intense cross-training yesterday. 

outoftheblue

Elliptical, weight and core work planned for today.

Life is good.

LRB

I have a black eye that doesn't hurt but it's a lot of pressure on my eye, my hamstring was bothering me last night, my knee has been killing me, I didn't sleep well and it was a feels like temp of -1 this morning.

What in the hell did you do, get into a  fight with a mechanical bull?  Feel better!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4 recovery miles for me. 14 on tap for tomorrow. Time to eat pancakes.

Have fun.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 6. Including a 5k in a reality check that I need to start doing speed work again.

Hip Redux

What in the hell did you do, get into a  fight with a mechanical bull?  Feel better!

Yes, how did you guess?

LRB

lol

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  10 miles with hubby done.  Off to see Blackhat.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page