Beginners and Beyond

Some runs are Extraordinary (Read 88 times)

Just B.S.

I had a fantastic 5 mile trail race on Saturday and an even better 15.5 mile run on Sunday.

My next marathon is May 12th, so I really hope all the runs until then really suck.

You know, to increase my race day karma.Big grin

Buelligan

I love those types of runs. 

The bad runs?  Yeah, I actually get something out of those too.  I like the runs where it feels sucky because I'm out of breath or I just don't feel energetic.   I just tell myself, "It's not like something hurts, so push even harder so you really have something to complain about".

I think I get more out of those runs than the ones where I feel great.  Anyone can run when they feel great, but it takes balls to run when you don't.  And when I say "balls", I mean balls that girls can have too.  You know...  girl balls.

Docket_Rocket

Doh.  The good runs!  My bad runs include physical ailments I would rather not have, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Buelligan

Doh.  The good runs!  My bad runs include physical ailments I would rather not have, LOL.

I couldn't imagine running with an ailment like that.   I guess no amount of balls can make an asthma attack better.

You got girl balls for even trying.

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I guess I'll have to make a sacrifice to the running gods before my next run........what do they like? Blood..........shoes...........garmins.... or a toenail?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)