Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Night Lights! (Read 47 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

It's really scary when YOU are the first one up around here Wink

Hip Redux

It's really scary when YOU are the first one up around here Wink

Everyone else is out running. :P

delicate flower

Hello there Friday por favores and you know how these things go!  I've had a couple of easy runs the last two days, so I'll do something a little harder today that's what she said.  IT IS TOO NICE OUTSIDE NOT TO RUN TODAY!

Not sure what to do about dinner today.  I am sure MY WIFE will have a couple of ideas....

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope everyone has some grandiose plans for the weekend!  Today is a non-running day for me, and packet pickup for my 5K tomorrow - my 50th race of 2013.    After the 5K, will be going to the San Antonio Alamodome to watch my UTSA Roadrunners football team play the Oklahoma State Cowboys.   We will probably get creamed by that talented team, but as we're just starting out our program - only our 3rd year in Division I football - hopefully our guys will learn a lot from the experience.

Holidays for Sep 6:

Fight Procrastination Day - I think I'll hold off on this one a while...

Read A Book Day -  One that does not have all pictures, hopefully.  Wink

National Lazy Mom's Day -  Moms, you work hard all year round taking care of  your job, your family, etc.  Today is your day to just kick back and goof off.  Do something for yourself today!

Food Holiday:  National Coffee Ice Cream Day  (Tight lips) - For you coffee lovers, a different way to get your coffee ingestion today!

ice-cream cartoons, ice-cream cartoon, ice-cream picture, ice-cream pictures, ice-cream image, ice-cream images, ice-cream illustration, ice-cream illustrations

ice-cream cartoons, ice-cream cartoon, ice-cream picture, ice-cream pictures, ice-cream image, ice-cream images, ice-cream illustration, ice-cream illustrations

libraries cartoons, libraries cartoon, libraries picture, libraries pictures, libraries image, libraries images, libraries illustration, libraries illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Everyone else is out running. :P

Nope, I was out procrastinating. Big grin

Make your own darn dinner, Phil, it's National Lazy Mom's Day today.   Take her out to dinner! Joking

Happy weekend MBC!

Hope all your aches and pains, etc, are behaving for your today, Oski!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.  Great workout this morning this morning for me.  2 mile warmup, then this little gem:

Progressive tempo x5mile

6:29.8
                6:24.3
                6:09.5
                6:15.6 (hilly)
                6:03.1

8.25 miles total.

I'm probably not going to be around much the next couple weeks, if at all.  Usually, I keep my social life to a minimum to squeeze in work and running.  The next couple weeks I'm actually going to have to squeeze in life plus running and work lol.  I do have a few days off, but will be having family in town and then friends as well, so it's going to be pretty crazy.  I hope that you all get some great running and racing in, and I'll look forward to catching up as soon as I have chance.  I promise to be back though, and to keep on running myself!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  8 miles tonight, a light cold, and a kitty in the hospital.  this week officially sucks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Make your own darn dinner, Phil...

Heh....I really should do that once in a while.  Cool

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Here I thought every day was Lazy Mom's Day - I'm always lazy.

But I did get out the door at 5 a.m. for a little over 5 miles this morning. I might be meeting up with DH later to test drive a car - I'm really ready for something new, since our 2000 Chrysler LHS has electrical gremlins: alarms go off when they shouldn't, the lights flash bright to dim on their own, and sometimes the lights even turn on by themselves when the car is parked with the engine off.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No running today, I am already feeling withdrawals but I have a 15k tomorrow morning so I want to be fresh and ready to go. Not expecting any fantastic time, but we'll just have to see how things go.

Only 28 days, 16 hours and 10 minutes until the first HM of the Fall (for me!).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Massive thunderstorm here yesterday, so I ended up running 5 on the TM late.  Today is a RD for me.

FreeSoul- Good luck tomorrow!

SIAR- Have a good couple of weeks!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Andrea!

Good luck, Taperil!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Just a quick 2 for me this morning as a shake out for tomorrow's 5 miler.  Not a goal race, but a guaranteed PR since it's my first race at this distance!  Just going to try for sub 60, which would be my tempo pace.

Did I mention it was 40F this morning?  It was awesome!!  Can't remember the last time I was actually cold.

Damaris - I'm so sorry your cat is ill.  And sorry for gloating about my weather.

Scott - looking forward to another race report - have fun at the game!

Hope everyone has a great run!

Well still not much running to talk about. I did run 3 miles yesterday morning, which went fine. But kind of had the twinge the rest of the day suggesting my next run was going to cause a problem. We'll see, plan to try again tomorrow.

But I was inspired to post here by the title, since tonight is our high school's first home football game. And will be our first ever attending -- DD1 is a senior, but she was never interested. But now DD2 is a freshman in marching band, so we will be there. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what she was getting herself into; I swear the band may put in more work for the games than the actual players. The game doesn't start till 7, but she needs to be at the school at 4:15 to start loading equipment to transport to the field (actually ~2.5 miles from the school). Then they do a pregame show, halftime show, and postgame show. (She will be marching around with a sousaphone, which is about the same size as her.) Then go back to the school to help unload the aforementioned equipment. Probably going to be something like a 6-hour ordeal in all. Crazy.

Dave