Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Everybody's doing it (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

It snowed overnight here and the temps are now in the 20's which means I will get to wear my new leather jacket after all.  Not that I wanted to but you know the old saying about when life serves you lemons, sigh.

Anyhoo, I will get out shortly for an easy run.  I originally planned some work at my new tempo pace but after reviewing my log last night I saw that I have run easy my first day back after a race this year so I will just continue with that since it has been working.

So that is what is up with me now tell me what is up with you.  Are your taxes done?  Meeting anyone special today?  For those of you running what is on your schedule?  For those of you who are not running how are you planning on spending your Tuesday?

Oh, and good morning! 

delicate flower

LRB!  How the hell are ya this morning, son!

8.2 miles last night.  It was very windy and I ran a hilly route.  I made it a point to run really easy, something I don't do enough of, and I tried to keep my heart rate low.  The end result was an 8:33 pace, which I'm quite happy with.  Feels like just yesterday that same effort was a 10:30 pace.  Anyway, it is going to rain like hell today, so I think a treadmill speed workout is in order.

I haven't had two cups of coffee in one day in a while.  I think today will be that day.

<3

Everybody's doing it? Not me. Rest day again.

So I arranged a big meeting this week for all our field sales people coming into town, and pulled off the major score of getting a suite at the Tigers game (and getting the expense approved by management). My reward: snow, and predicted game time temps in the upper 20's, with wind chills in the upper teens. Hurray. I guess it's good I didn't get regular seats.

Dave

delicate flower

Everybody's doing it? Not me. Rest day again.

So I arranged a big meeting this week for all our field sales people coming into town, and pulled off the major score of getting a suite at the Tigers game (and getting the expense approved by management). My reward: snow, and predicted game time temps in the upper 20's, with wind chills in the upper teens. Hurray. I guess it's good I didn't get regular seats.

I sat in a Fenway suite once during an early April game.  The inside was very nice, but being the actual baseball fan that I am, I wanted to sit outside and watch the game despite the 30 degree temps.  The outside seats had huge heaters over them.  It was awesome.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 9 miles in this morning, some sort of cold front has come in and it was 36 degrees. Pooh on  this weather damn it! Luckily it looks like temps will be going back up by Thursday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.3. Ran early to avoid the big storms headed this way.

Scotty if you didn't see yesterday. You asked how long we had been married. Sept will be 22 years. So dh does know better. He also realizes how much he messed up. He won't give away a new rug again, any time soon!

Marjorie

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Sounds like it’s too chilly to wear shorts and a singlet this morning.   L   Hope the new leather jacket keeps you toasty warm!

Phil – Nice windy miles yesterday!   Mmmmm….. 2 cups of coffee sounds perfect!   Enjoy!

Dave – Wow! I bet getting the suite and the event funded was a lot of work!   I know it would be where I work…..   Despite the temps, I’m sure that everyone will have a wonderful time!   Hope your event is capped with a notch in the Win column!

FS – Nice run this morning!   Interesting….   It was colder in Texas this morning than in Indiana….   I’m sure that will change pretty quickly.

Majorie – Way to get that run in early to avoid the storms!   You are such a consistent runner and a huge inspiration!

Thank you for all the congratulatory notes yesterday - y'all are very sweet!  I did a 30 minute pre-natal strengthening video this morning.   It uses really light weights with lots of reps and works on the core, back, arms, glutes, shoulders, and legs. I added some squats and clamshells to the workout, and I increased the weights from 1 pound to 3 pounds this morning.

Have a Pinksational Tuesday!   And, may your next run show you how far you’ve come in your running and the endless possibilities that are still out there waiting for you to conquer them!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice big fat moon out this morning and a 'blood moon' eclipse occurred in the wee hours of this morning.  One of our local pastors - a guy named Hagee - predicted that because there are going to be three blood moons this year that something 'catastrophic' is going to happen between now and January 2015.  Umm...good call....something catastrophic may happen sometime during a full year.

Crazy dang weather in Texas.  Yesterday we had some morning thunderstorms, lightning, huge winds...the rain blew out and the winds went up to 40 mph for a while. Then the temp dropped last night.  We were in the 80s only a couple of days ago...this morning we are in the low 40s, sheesh.  Our high today will only be about 68.  We have some mild weather predicted for all week, which should make for some nice running weather.  My plan for today is for some hill work. probably at Fort Sam Houston, as I have to go there this afternoon anyway to pick up my BP med refill from the medical pharmacy.

Saw about the North Korean marathon, half, and 10K on the Penguin thread last night.  Um..I don't think so.  Since I carry my camera and take photos at races I do, they local authorities there would probably arrest me for spying!  Oh yeah, I am SO the James Bond type... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, LRB!  Dang, sorry about the continuing snow, but way to find the silver lining in the storm clouds and enjoy that leather jacket.   Yeah, our taxes are done - we paid this year - and the IRS already cashed the check, so I guess everything is okay.

8:33 pace is REALLY easy, Phil?  Not for some of us, lol.  Congrats on the hill work, had to be especially tough on a windy day.

Congrats on your major score, Dave.  Enjoy the game!  Hope your team wins...well, as long as they're not playing my Cubbies. We're already doing so well... 4 and 8.  That's why I love opening day...the only day of the season that the Cubs are tied with everyone.

Even so, FreeSoul, in spite of the temps, I bet Rocky loved getting out there. Crazy damn weather, I think everyone around the country is getting it, Mother Nature is off on another of her hissy fits.

Stay safe in those big storms, Marjorie.  22 years?  He certainly should know better, lol, that is long enough to be 'well-trained'.     So....what did you do to annoy him so he got rid of your rug? 

Have a great day, Pink, and keep on being healthy.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8-11 miles tonight.

I am drinking coffee as I didn't sleep well last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Today is my meeting day. Ugh...I'd rather meet DaveP style. That sounds like a fun day.

A strong front is going through. It was almost 80 yesterday and will be around 30 tonight. It's 40 and raining and windy right now. I'll probably wuss out and go to the Y if I end up running today.

Have a good one, everyone!

LRB

Sounds like it’s too chilly to wear shorts and a singlet this morning. 

I have to say it was quite a shock to be running in pants again this morning after a week of rolling in a G-string.    It is funny how your perspective changes so quickly.

Speaking of my run, I went out for 8 but did 7 instead after realizing my hips were tight.  No doubt a result from this weekends running exploits and yesterdays walking lunges of which I did 4 sets.

It was windy as hell for the last 3 miles of my stupid run which literally sapped the fun right out of it.  I spent some extra time in the shower trying to warm the hell up afterwards to no avail.  A yummo hot chocolate from Tim Hortons may be in order to warm my bones.  We shall see...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone. I heard they are doing a moment of silence this afternoon in Boston in memory of the Boston Marathon bombing. I watched an ESPN feature about sports in Boston yesterday. That's some pretty strong stuff right there.

Easy 3 on the TM for me again this morning. It was 13 degrees when I woke up. What a crappy week. It's supposed to finally break and we're supposed to warm up again next week. Hopefully it's warm for my weekend run. That might get rescheduled because I have Good Friday off and the wife is trying to come up with plans to keep us busy all weekend.

- Andrew

I sat in a Fenway suite once during an early April game.  The inside was very nice, but being the actual baseball fan that I am, I wanted to sit outside and watch the game despite the 30 degree temps.  The outside seats had huge heaters over them.  It was awesome.

Oh man that would be great if they have heaters. Because I am also going to be that guy sitting outside in the cold to actually watch baseball.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Congrats Pink

Scotty nope. I didn't do anything. He isn't vengeful so he wasn't doing anything Smile to get back. He is still very apologetic.

Marjorie