Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #267 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Much quieter day today on my "track" aka the school parking area. 6 miles total with 5 x800.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ran 4 this morning and undecided if I should do my 8 or 15 today. It will depend on how work is this afternoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning.

Went to the gym this morning, focusing on my delts. Got to my locker and saw a missed call from DH and thought "great, the kid is awake and I'll have to go home instead of getting my run in", I texted him only to find out he was wide awake by himself and bored 

Then I went out and ran 10.3 miles at my (hopeful) goal marathon pace.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Morning.

Went to the gym this morning, focusing on my delts. Got to my locker and saw a missed call from DH and thought "great, the kid is awake and I'll have to go home instead of getting my run in", I texted him only to find out he was wide awake by himself and bored 

Good, you never know with him. Dude is as unpredictable as the weather.

LRB

Rest day #10.

I did 3 sets of pushups and a set of mountain climbers. I was pleasantly surprised that after an initial set of 6, I was able to do 17 and then 18 all slow and strict. 💪

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I had a good 2500 yard swim this morning...as fast as I've ever been, which isn't really saying much.  Run later.

I had a fun two hour mountain bike ride with DW and a friend last night.  It was a beautiful evening.  I've been neglecting the tri bike lately but the MTB rides are certainly keeping the bike fitness up, although the MTB tends to be more anaerobic compared to the aerobic road rides.  I did get stung by a bee on my side and now it itches.  I probably deserved that.

<3

KCRuns

I got 4.3 this morning.  It was beautiful out and I didn't want to come home and work.

LRB

I did get stung by a bee on my side and now it itches.  I probably deserved that.

I got stung in the tongue while out on my bike once. The ensuing panic from my tongue swelling just about gave me a fatal panic attack!

Nice swim. Was that equivalent to a 5k TT, a tempo run, long run or fast easy run?

onemile

Rest day #10.

the knee is still not ready?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good, you never know with him. Dude is as unpredictable as the weather.

Lol I told him to only call if it's an emergency.... Lucky for him, our son did not wake up, he didn't want to get up for school 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

the knee is still not ready?

It's been a process for sure. I went from an issue on the inside of the stupid thing to swelling all around it including the back of it, which gave me immediate pause! The swelling has subsided but the past couple of days it's been feeling like a tourniquet was tied loosely around my thigh a few inches above the knee whenever I moved it past 90 degrees. I haven't tried it yet today but thought the mountain climbers would be a good choice to stimulate it and see what happens. If all stays as it is, I'll try to jog on Saturday. If the feeling of the tourniquet goes away, I might try tomorrow or Friday. 👍

sdWhiskers

RD here too, probably. I needed to get to work earlier this morning and still have zero desire to run with a head lamp. And I hate running not in the morning so we'll see. Also was trying to give this stupid blister time to heal.

So basically excuses but no miles 

onemile

what marathon are you training for?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got an e-mail this morning "we have record of you picking up a packet on Sunday but no record of you crossing the finish line. You may have left the course for a legimate reason, can you let me know one of the following".....welp, thanks for confirming I took a wrong turn. I guess I'll see if I get a repsonse, I sent a link to the Strava data. Maybe I should send a picture of the ambiguous course makrings.

KCRuns

Got an e-mail this morning "we have record of you picking up a packet on Sunday but no record of you crossing the finish line. You may have left the course for a legimate reason, can you let me know one of the following".....welp, thanks for confirming I took a wrong turn. I guess I'll see if I get a repsonse, I sent a link to the Strava data. Maybe I should send a picture of the ambiguous course makrings.

Definitely send the course markings!