Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: How small are you? (Read 48 times)

LRB

Very.

This photo, called "Earth From Mars," was taken by NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit on March 8, 2004. It was the first image of Earth seen from the surface of a planet beyond the moon.

Yeah.

LRB

Now then; what is on the agenda today for you little people?

I have jogging, work and more work. And much later, maybe dinner and drinks with a friend.

Cyberic

8 at MP on the track tonight. All alone in lane #4 watching all these young people zipping by me in lane 1.

Little Blue

OK, so Earth looks that small from Mars.  Now think about the concept of getting pictures and data from Pluto, 3 BILLION miles away.  In 4 hours.  I think the whole Pluto thing is very cool, but I absolutely cannot wrap my brain around the science.  It doesn't help that I don't really understand how TV works, so the space exploration thing = :mindblown:.

I think today is going to be a rest day.  I'm having some issues with achilles and PF-type sensations.  I need new work boots, I think that's part of the problem.  I'll go shopping instead.

Have a great day everybody!

happylily

Rick, totally cool! It took me a while to understand what I was looking at. I need an entire pot of coffee...

I started running late last night and I finished my 10 miler around 10:45pm. Average pace was 7:48 (which for me, these days, is fast...) . I took a quick bath and went right to bed after that. Slept for two hours, then I woke up and that was the end of it. Never fell asleep again after that. Grr... not sure how I can make it through the day today without my usual 7 hours of sleep.

Anyway, I have 13 easy tonight. I may switch it with Friday's 10 miler if I feel too tired.

Have a good day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home today but instead of running in the morning, I slept in and will run 8 tonight after Pilates.  I love cutback weeks.

I have to drop Trixie off at the vet to do a mini procedure on her eye (flushing her duct because she is always crying from that eye) and then work work work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

From yesterday:

Bruno's icy is so cute!

Texas Dan, I don't think I have seen 68 dewpoint in ages.  Is it December yet?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Out with my veterans group, Team RWB (Red White & Blue) San Antonio,  on Wednesday evening at VFW Post 76 for an outing of your choice: run, walk, run/walk, whatever. I ended up with 3.5 miles run/walk along the Riverwalk. 91 degree temp but only 37% humidity so it was actually very pleasant.

After the run, we had some good socializing, cold beer, snacks, and on the way home I got some good dinner from Augies BBQ, which gives you a LOT of food for the money.  My wife, Gail, accompanied me to the event - she actually took the photos for us - and ate her own dinner while we were out running.  After I got back to the VFW from the run, since I was driving, I treated her to a cold margarita from the bar at the VFW.  Very pleasant sitting on the outside patio post-run enjoying drinks and conversation with friends and my lovely wife.

Apparently my photos  in this thread of me and my VFW friends at the run is screwing up some people's browsers, although it seems to work fine for Firefox.  Anyway, I deleted the photos from this thread, but apparently you can see them fine on the Penguins thread, go figure.  So if you want t see it, just go there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

91 degree temp but only 37% humidity so it was actually very pleasant. 

From the Internet.

I slept in by over 3 hours AGAIN today. Might take a day off. My pool run streak will end at a mere 10 days if I do, though :c

cjones1

Scotty, nice looking group.

Yesterday was a RD for me...from running and the dailies apparently.  Anyhoo, 8m with 3 @ HMish effort.  It was the first time in a while I felt like I ran a workout as I wanted to.  As a reward, I will let somebody boss me around for money for a few hours.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

I like this photo of Earth too, taken from 3.7 billion miles away.

Had my one week wisdom teeth removal followup this morning.  It still aches like a bastard.  The dentist basically said, "You're healing fine.  Pop a pill and SIUP."

Easy 60 minute run to do after work today.  The weather was awesome for a run this morning, but I could not escape the pillow tractor beam.

<3

delicate flower

Is it just me or is this thread not loading on Google Chrome?  Neither desktop nor mobile will load.  I have to use Internet Explorer to post this.  Every other thread is fine though.

<3

LRB

Is it just me or is this thread not loading on Google Chrome? 

I am not sure what I have on my phone (it's not google chrome) but it will not load and has not for the past hour.

Docket_Rocket

Is it just me or is this thread not loading on Google Chrome?  Neither desktop nor mobile will load.  I have to use Internet Explorer to post this.  Every other thread is fine though.

I has no problems on Chrome but I am

on my Mac.  If you are on a PC, you are on your own.

Damaris

Fundraising Page