Beginners and Beyond

In case you didn't know; FriDAILIES! (Read 41 times)

LRB

'Sup.

These days start to blend-in after a while.

I will loaf around before running this morning because I do not have to work today.

You?

Zelanie

Morning, LRB.  I am feeling under the weather with some kind of stomach bug.  Hope your run is a good one.

LRB

Morning, LRB.  I am feeling under the weather with some kind of stomach bug.  Hope your run is a good one.

Hope it doesn't hang around long. Back in the day mom would have given me a glass of ginger ale and a grilled cheese sandwich for such a thing.

delicate flower

Happy Friday!!  I wish I was among the 99.8% of the population that has today off, but no such luck.  At least it should be a quiet day in the office.  I've got 6 miles to run later at whatever pace I decide once I get going.

Christmas Day was low-key and uneventful, and that was perfect.  I love having the family gathering the weekend before.    

Man, I am SLEEPY this morning.  WAKE.UP.  I got 17 hours of sleep over the past two nights, so I don't know why I am so tired.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates in less than an hour, 6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Good morning. Yeah, it's morning and I am already posting. I had to take my daughter to the train station at 6am so figured as long as I was up, I might as well get my run in. 6 miles in the dawn's early light. That is very unusual for me, so I kind of enjoyed the novelty.

Zelanie, feel better soon!

Cyberic

Morning all!

I had a beautiful run this morning. All the sidewalks are dry, it's above freezing point... ah! felt wonderful!

When I uploaded my run, I saw that I have run 111 km in the past 7 days, or 69 miles! Wow! My highest ever. If I keep this up, you bet I'll be ready for my marathon in September Big grin

StepbyStep-SH

Time to quit using my wonky knee as an excuse for doing nothing but sitting on my ever-expanding backside eating Christmas candy. I will go for a short walk later this evening and then do some strength training and core work. Not sure yet if that will be at home or at the Y, which will determine whether it is with actual weights or just body weight. Either way, it will be wimpy because I haven't done any strength training in ages.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

3 easy, + 1 at tempo + 16 x 200 meters at goal mile pace done.

Target was 37 seconds per 200: 37, 38, 36, 37, 36, 37, 36, 38, 36, 38, 38, 37, 37, 35, 37, 37.

It will take a miracle for me to run that pace for a full mile, but miracles can and sometimes do happen. 

6 miles, again in shorts.

Dave

LRB

6 miles, again in shorts.

I should have but ended up in pants and a long sleeve tech. It had been so long since I have run with the sun out that I completely blew it today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have the day off work today.  Went to the gym this morning and FINALLY returned to doing my weight-training circuit. After a month off from it, wow, my worked out muscles were really screaming at me. Definitely have to be more consistent in this area.

Yesterday, tried to get a morning run in, but the park was closed when I got there - and police right inside the closed gate - so went back home.  Then Gail and I went to see "Unbreakable."  It was quite good.  Pretty darn intense in some places, but quite good, we both liked it.   AFTER the movie, I waited a couple of hours and then went to the park for my run about 3 pm.  Nice change from the 35-degree morning because at 3 it was 63 degrees and nice and sunny.   I did a trail/run walk. My first mile I puked a bit of the movie popcorn up - let me advise you, popcorn is not the best pre-run thing to eat, lol, it bloats your stomach a bit - and then I felt great.  My next 3 miles, I tripped over a root and went rolling down a hill into a big pile of leaves;  dodged off the trail to avoid an oncoming cyclist and did a splashdown in  patch of mud, and got lost a bit on new trail I'd never been on.   What a GREAT run!   I actually had a blast!  When I got back to the car, Gail had already finished her walk and was waiting there for me.  She looked at my muddy shirt,  slightly skinned knee and bruised elbow, and said "Another adventure run, huh Klutz?"  lol.  She knows me pretty well after 30 years.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Great mileage ( and what's kilometrage in English? ), Eric. I remember not so long ago you were wondering how you could ever fit so many miles in 7 days. Look, you did it! :-)

Shari, I hope your knee feels better soon. Do you take any glucosamine supplements? I know it's probably all mental, but I've never had any knee, or hip, pain whatsoever since I started taking supplements. And at my age, I should have all kinds of creaky body parts... Maybe you should consider it? But core work will certainly keep you strong and supple while you can't run. Was Kevin happy with Santa's selection of gifts for him (if he still believes in Santa)?

I had a satisfactory 10 miler, done in 1:19:15 exactly (or about 7:55 mpm, I think?). 8 of them were on the faster side and two at recovery pace. I am slowly expanding my lungs again and my legs are re-learning to not whine about the incessant pounding. Perseverance, that's all I have at the moment and that'll have to do. Now time for bath, house chores and some movies.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, LRB!

Sorry you have to work today, Baboon.  Good luck with the miles.

Feel better ((((Zelanie)))

No work today for you either, Damaris?  Hope your pilates went well.   Good luck with the 6 and weights.

Congrats on the 6 early this morning, WIP.

Dang, Cy...that's about 3 months worth of running for me, lol!

I hear ya on the strength training, Step, hard to come back after a long layoff....have the biofreeze ready for post-workout!

Well, Dave, 6 miles with shorts is better than 6 miles without shorts...you don't want to get arrested!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My legs have been feeling better over the last couple days... up until last night laying on the couch as my son was just running all over me and ended up stomping on top of the inside of my right ankle... OUCH! But the pain didn't last, so this morning Rocky and I headed for an easy run, anywhere from 3-6 miles in my new GT-2000 2 shoes that I got Wednesday. I had to test them out, and sure enough with that I decided my yellow pair had to be retired to rainy day shoes... the difference was unbelievable.

Rocky and I ran 5.4 miles, feeling good but I am still taking it easy, I just wanted/needed to run damn it. Not going to stress about getting out there over the next few days unless I really, seriously need a  run lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)