Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Down the pipe and into the pit (Read 31 times)

LRB

Some kind of bug just before mile 1. I gagged and gagged and gagged trying to get that stupid thing to come up but it was gone. Sickest feeling in the world. lol

LRB

I ran 7. And felt almost human.

It was 66 degrees and delightful. A heat advisory is going into effect this afternoon though and is expected to last until Saturday night. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Saturday's long run. I might move it, or split it. Or not. We'll see.

4 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

RD for me but I might lift and if I want to eat and drink, I might have to do kickboxing as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Some kind of bug just before mile 1. I gagged and gagged and gagged trying to get that stupid thing to come up but it was gone. Sickest feeling in the world. lol

onemile

Thunderstorming and 75 this morning. I met the boys at the indoor track at 6am and we ran a workout of 5x6 minutes at 10k effort (mine) with 2 min recoveries. It was cool running the workout as a "pack" and made it more fun

No idea what pace we really ran because my garmin readings are wayy off when on indoor mode.  Mine shows 7:30 pace while  RP's 235 reads 6:24. But this workout was about effort so doesn't really matter.

onemile

I ran 7. And felt almost human.

It was 66 degrees and delightful. A heat advisory is going into effect this afternoon though and is expected to last until Saturday night. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Saturday's long run. I might move it, or split it. Or not. We'll see.

I have 18 to run Saturday. The overnight low is gonna be like 80.  The running group is doing 12 and having water stops so I'm planning to make use of that

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran an easy 11 that didn't feel real easy. But, like LRB said, the weather was much more comfortable than recent days.  Off day tomorrow then we'll see about a longer run(s) Saturday or Sunday, subject to the heat.

Planned off day today, unplanned off day tomorrow, maybe pool run Saturday?
                    Right middle ham started feeling a little raw at 6 last night, slowly got worse and was down right painfully raw when I got up at 4:15 this morning.  Different location and onset than the outside ham-adductor problem that plagued me in April and May; back then the rawness would start during a run then slow fade after, this time it didn’t start till 10 hours after and didn’t peak till 20 hours after.  WTF?!?!
                    Likely the same trigger as before: elevated pace, exacerbated by dirt.

Felt better after a little hot tub early this morning.  Just needs rest

I have 18 to run Saturday. The overnight low is gonna be like 80.  The running group is doing 12 and having water stops so I'm planning to make use of that

that is going to be one big suckfest.

Dave

sdWhiskers

8.2 hilly miles. And I hit 1000 miles for the year so far! Most importantly,  I've been super consistent that last 2 months.

Heading to the mountains for camping until Sunday.  Overnight lows in the 40s   will see how terrible running is at 5700 ft (compared to usual 200).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As much as it pains me, the heat is forcing encouraging me to run in the morning instead of my preferred afternoon time.  It was still morning when I finished my 7.1 miles and it was still a cool 82F degrees.  The humidity still sucked.

LRB - maybe you should try one of those masks like Galen Rupp wears.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

As much as it pains me, the heat is forcing encouraging me to run in the morning instead of my preferred afternoon time.  It was still morning when I finished my 7.1 miles and it was still a cool 82F degrees.  The humidity still sucked.

Lol

I see a guy wearing one of those here sometimes

what is this thing for?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page