Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Know That Every Day Is A New Day! (Read 35 times)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rach- Steph was our resident expert on yoga for runners.  You can probably find her on the RWOL facebook group, since I don't think she posts here too often any more.

Thanks. Smile I am going to go to the base gym and see if they have yoga sessions. If not, I'll have to look at going into town or something. 

Mmmmm...beer

Ginny, yup, a bunch of us went out and ran anyway, definitely not race pace, but still had a great time.  The folks that were going to do the 25k (it's a short/long series to prep for the half/full) went out for a long run on a different trail.  I thought about going with them, but I'm still a little leery of the out and back trail with my ITB (altho it's been great all week long, 7 runs in a row without a peep!), so for now I'm sticking to the 1.5 mile loop, that way if anything happens, no matter where I'm at on the trail, I'll have less than a mile to walk back to the car). I'll do my long run tomorrow on the 1.5 mile loop.  There were a few bikers out there too, and a bunch of people walking their dogs, it's nice to see that the snow doesn't keep everyone inside.  I've always loved the snow, and running in it is just as enjoyable as I thought it would be. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

GAH. Because I'm a very special kind of clumsy, I have yet another bruise on my poor left shin. Banged it with a dumbbell while trying to put it away.. that's the third bruise this week D:

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yoga class today for me. Felt great. Helped take my mind off not running my 10K this morning. Then I treated myself to a shiny new pair of running shoes! The LRS put me in Mizunos Wave Inspire 9 this time. I overpronate, most strongly on the left and the Mizunos were the only one that kept my left foot at 90 degrees. The person analyzing my run told me I overstride, which could contribute to my ITBS, and helped me fix my cadence to have a faster turnover using a little beeping device. That was a nice bonus. I love my new shoes....I want to lace up and get out there! I'm not sure if I took off enough time from running yet though.....not sure if that stupid ole IT Band is healed yet...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Kristin, take your time. It sounds like you got some great pointers at the LRS, hope all goes well.

Rach, that is cold. I looked up this HM and FM, I think it was on the North Pole or something, sounded way too extreme for me. But you are in a good place to get conditioned to do that one, haha. Stay warm up there.

Coralie, you are doing great, keep it going!

I just did my longest run ever of 15.04 miles, and it hurt! I'll have a PB for the week too. Maybe one day, the 15 milers will become like my 10 milers have. If I can make it to that point, I may do a full. Oh, and I thought it was cool that I hit the 13.1 mark in 2:08Tight lippedx, which was the time of my 1st HM and I thought I was dying back then. Today, it was just another easy run. I guess it shows how much better shape I'm in.

Sloooow.

2.7 miles done Smile 12 miles for the week. Small beans to most but not my hefty legs, lol. I will aim to maintain 12 until my surgery. No point trying to push further when I'll be taking a week+ off for that.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yay coralie!

2.7 miles done Smile 12 miles for the week. Small beans to most but not my hefty legs, lol. I will aim to maintain 12 until my surgery. No point trying to push further when I'll be taking a week+ off for that.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Mitch and Coralie on the PR's.

Good Luck on tomorrow's Marathon, Damaris.

DD finally returned the FR410 and the FR10 was delivered today.  Got it set up easily and acquired the satellite in seconds and a quick walk to the corner was successful. the Garmin Connect export was fine via the PC.  I need to figure out how to download to the IPad, since it is on all the time.

We will give it a try tomorrow.  Interested to see if it works on the indoor tracks, since there is one wall without a window.   If anyone has any tips, let me know.

Zelanie

Got my 5 done.  Now back to baking!  The cake layers are out and I'm working on the chocolate curls.  Fussy little things.

Coralie- Sounds like a great mileage level to use as your base!

Jerry- I wonder if you need the footpod for the indoor track?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Melanie, I don't think the FR10 can support a foot pod or HRM.  Didn't see anything in the manual.   I  think someone said that the auto pause must be disabled  to work inside.

Zelanie

Oh, hopefully that does the trick then.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - You da man!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013