Beginners and Beyond

Scotch tape Penguins Fridaily! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Apparently it's National Cellophane Tape Day.  Also National Wig Out Day.  According to some random website I looked up ... but it's on the internet, so it must be true!!

So you can completely wig out today, and then put yourself back together with cellophane tape.  Or take an x-ray.  Or something.

I have to get all the paperwork in for my annual review, so that's probably how I'll spend my day.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, enjoy the annual review research. I hate when it's that time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Me too.  "What do you plan to do next year?"  "Well, pretty much the same stuff I did this year, which is what you hired me for."  It feels a little like I'm jumping through hoops, not sure what it's supposed to accomplish.

Docket_Rocket

Me too.  "What do you plan to do next year?"  "Well, pretty much the same stuff I did this year, which is what you hired me for."  It feels a little like I'm jumping through hoops, not sure what it's supposed to accomplish.

In here, I have to write most of my evaluation.  So, I did this and that, etc.  It's just weird.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Our report forms don't give us much chance to say what we actually accomplished this year, so I'm trying to craft an annual report to give a few more details to the higher-ups.

From the Internet.

I figured out my job situation (more or less) and I survived the week before marathon training pretty confident that I won't die during marathon training, so I am relaxing with a beer finally. 10 miles at 8:44 pace this morning, it was hard to get out of bed but good once I got going. Kid has a soccer tournament all damn day tomorrow, I'll try to run a few easy miles and maybe get to the gym before that, and my graduation ceremony is all damn day on Sunday. On Monday, I will sleep!

Zelanie

I think that I need to still do my mid year review for my evaluation. Oops, the end of the year is coming up. I'very been busy.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - what did you decide to do about the jobs?  Enjoy your busy weekend.  Congratulations on finally reaching graduation day.

Hopesmom - I hope you got the paperwork done.  I always hated reviews, because they were so fake.  Either I wrote my own, or the boss would write some really glowing BS for all the people who worked for him (because only a great boss could have such great people) or the boss would put everybody down (because he was so great he deserved much better people). There was nothing helpful, it was just a PITA.

D - I hope your run went well.

Scotty - I hope you're not being badly hit by all the rain/flooding.

Another hot and humid day, so I did 5.5 on the TM.

From the Internet.

Ginny - I got the actual offer in writing from the school that interviewed me along with benefits info and schedule and all that and after a few days of deliberating I decided to take it. Home district hasn't contacted me yet so I'm figuring most likely they have a lot of more experienced applicants. At this school my classes will be smaller than traditional public school and the people who interviewed me are really eager to bring me on board, so I'm excited again Big grin My home district will hire again someday, and by then maybe I'll be a more attractive candidate since I'll have experience in addition to a fancy degree.

Zelanie

Congratulations! And good luck!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Lauren!

Ran 6 on the TM.  Piriformis ache so I shortened the run.

Ginny, nice job on the TM.

Damaris

Fundraising Page