Beginners and Beyond

Hot & Humid ThursDailies, oh yeah July 4th! (Read 33 times)

RunningOnSand

good morning! Independence Day here in the US. Whatcha guys got today?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 67 miles, hard.  I tried to PR every Strava segment, and was successful on at least a couple.  I haven't sat down and geeked out over the ride data yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I ordered a new crank with a power meter yesterday, so by this time next week I'll have another number to help with the nerding.

Have a great day, and keep all your fingers!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning and Happy Fourth!  I woke up with a headache and the BP is high but whatever. I have Pilates and it’s my RD but I might switch with tomorrow since we are going to see a friend of ours tomorrow afternoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Happy 4th!

Most humid day yet. 6.2 miles done around farmville usa. Now l will spend the rest of the day poolside. In the past 3 days, DS went from panic in deep water to diving off the diving board by himself.  Huge swimming break through!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hit the gym this morning, focusing on full body workouts instead of splits that focus on one body part.... I was wore out and starving after 65 minutes.

Then Jetta and I hit the roads for what ended up being a 7 miler.

Rolling Run Totals:

Last 7 Days: 43.4 miles

Last 30 Days: 132.9 miles

I'm both proud and worried about those stats, makes me wonder if I'm increasing mileage too fast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

2mi dirt over bumps for some shimmy shake, could feel ham seam at 1.5 ; gutter walk before and after.
              Now at parade😀

LRB

I'm both proud and worried about those stats, makes me wonder if I'm increasing mileage too fast.

There is nothing here that jumps out as a problem, provided you don't jump to 200 in July.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I don't see that happening so I think I'm safe 

Wait a sec.... whose is that? I don't have a monthly chart thingy!

There is nothing here that jumps out as a problem, provided you don't jump to 200 in July.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Happy 4th!

Most humid day yet. 6.2 miles done around farmville usa. Now l will spend the rest of the day poolside. In the past 3 days, DS went from panic in deep water to diving off the diving board by himself.  Huge swimming break through!

I did that, only it took 6 weeks. The day of the breakthrough was easily one of the greatest days of my life. The staff had to coerce me out of the pool because they were closing!

P.S. - I was 42 years old.

LRB

Wait a sec.... whose is that? I don't have a monthly chart thingy!

Oh boy, here we go!

sdWhiskers

I did that, only it took 6 weeks. The day of the breakthrough was easily one of the greatest days of my life. The staff had to coerce me out of the pool because they were closing!

P.S. - I was 42 years old.

Lol

He is 6. I will now feel much better about him swimming at his summer camps. DH learned to swim at age 37 but still can't dive 

LRB

Lol

He is 6. I will now feel much better about him swimming at his summer camps. DH learned to swim at age 37 but still can't dive 

That is absolutely normal for an adult. You're talking about overcoming a lifetime of inhibitions, a lifetime of not diving headfirst (literally) into anything, to all of a sudden; diving headfirst into a pool. I liken it to not not ducking if someone threw a baseball at your face, that's not natural. Similarly, leaving your feet and leading with your head as an adult is not natural. There are some videos of me diving, it's the funniest shit ever. My thing was, you can't think, you just have to jump. The longer you think, the less likely you're gonna do it. So get on the board, walk briskly to the end (or run) and jump - WEEEEEE!

onemile

I ran 10 miles and sweated out a gallon

Ran 3 miles outside. Hammy is still kind of tight & sore, not quite sure what to make of it. If it stays at this level, it’s manageable, but IDK if it’s going to flare up again.

That is absolutely normal for an adult. You're talking about overcoming a lifetime of inhibitions, a lifetime of not diving headfirst (literally) into anything, to all of a sudden; diving headfirst into a pool. I liken it to not not ducking if someone threw a baseball at your face, that's not natural. Similarly, leaving your feet and leading with your head as an adult is not natural. There are some videos of me diving, it's the funniest shit ever. My thing was, you can't think, you just have to jump. The longer you think, the less likely you're gonna do it. So get on the board, walk briskly to the end (or run) and jump - WEEEEEE!

DD was nervous about going off the diving board for a long time. Till her 3-years-younger brother did it; then she just ran and went off it. Of course they were about 5 and 8 at the time.

Saw Spider-Man. It was awesome.

Dave

KCRuns

Happy 4th!

I walked 4.5 miles. It’s hot out there!