Beginners and Beyond

What do you do when you're sick? (Read 44 times)

RunningOnSand

You sign up for races. Big grin

What do you guys have on the radar for next year? Any big plans?

oldfartrunner

No big plans, but may revisit a couple of short trail runs (12-13K) and see if I can lower my times, and maybe one new one.  Thinking on at least one road 10K or Half in March too. I'm too damn old to plan too far ahead, might be pushing daisies by then.   

Hey, hope you get to feeling better!

onemile

I stay home from work but do my runs anyway. I guess that's not your real question. But the only one I have an answer for. I might run NYCM.  Maybe. I should probably check on when I need to register for that.

Coastal

Hope you feel better soon.

No big plans.  My fall races aren't happening.  There's a 10K in early January that I did a few times and enjoyed, and a 10 miler in the spring I'd like to do again.

I might run NYCM.  Maybe. I should probably check on when I need to register for that.

That would be cool. Seems like it would be a great experience, though the logistics sound like a nightmare.

I'm looking at Eugene in April.

Dave

Cyberic

I stay home from work but do my runs anyway. I guess that's not your real question. But the only one I have an answer for. I might run NYCM.  Maybe. I should probably check on when I need to register for that.

I *think* it's January. I need to check too. I was thinking about it just today.

onemile

I *think* it's January. I need to check too. I was thinking about it just today.

ooh are you going to sign up too?

RunningOnSand

Onemile & Cyber, NYCM would be fantastic. That's on my bucket list of marathons to do....i've heard it's amazing. Have either of you run (ran?) it before?

DavePNW, have you done Eugene? My cousin ran it and said the energy there was amazing. 

Coastal, how are you healing from everything?

OFR, you sell yourself short. You're not old and you're an amazing runner.

I'm thinking of my fall marathon next year - would it be crazy to try to get into Chicago? I don't have a qualifying time to guarantee entry, but I talked to a few other friends and thought it might be fun to do a couples' trip to Chicago for an extended weekend and run it. Maybe that's crazy?? Or brilliant? I can't tell at the moment Big grin 

And I'm mapping out a few other halves I'd like to do as well. I'm feeling a bit better - the motrin has definitely helped Big grin

DavePNW, have you done Eugene? My cousin ran it and said the energy there was amazing. 

I have not, but I've heard good things. Finish is at Hayward Field - Track Town USA! I had planned on it this year, but had an injury and moved to a race later in the spring.

Dave

Cyberic

ooh are you going to sign up too?

I might. Not sure, but I'm thinking about it. Also not sure if the race I qualified at is good for NYCM. It is good for Boston, and for the NYC half, but I've had a yes and a no from their facebook page when I asked for NYCM.

So I really don't know.

GinnyinPA

I'm running Boston, so probably I'll do our local half in March, since it is usually 6 weeks before Boston. Since it takes me a long time to recover from marathons, that will probably mean no more races next spring. I never plan too far ahead, because there is too much in my life that can change. Chances are good, we'll be travelling next summer. Beyond that, ???

onemile

I might. Not sure, but I'm thinking about it. Also not sure if the race I qualified at is good for NYCM. It is good for Boston, and for the NYC half, but I've had a yes and a no from their facebook page when I asked for NYCM.

So I really don't know.

What? I thought it just had to be a certified course. If it's good for Boston, then it is certified...

RunningOnSand

I have not, but I've heard good things. Finish is at Hayward Field - Track Town USA! I had planned on it this year, but had an injury and moved to a race later in the spring.

That would be so awesome. I keep trying to figure out how to post a Track Town pic but alas. For some reason i cannot.

Cyber, that's a bit confusing. 

Ginny, Boston sounds awesome, too.

onemile

Onemile & Cyber, NYCM would be fantastic. That's on my bucket list of marathons to do....i've heard it's amazing. Have either of you run (ran?) it before?

I'm thinking of my fall marathon next year - would it be crazy to try to get into Chicago? I don't have a qualifying time to guarantee entry, but I talked to a few other friends and thought it might be fun to do a couples' trip to Chicago for an extended weekend and run it. Maybe that's crazy?? Or brilliant? I can't tell at the moment Big grin 

And I'm mapping out a few other halves I'd like to do as well. I'm feeling a bit better - the motrin has definitely helped Big grin

I have not run it before. Thought it might be a cool experience.

Chicago was my first marathon, back in 2010 before they had any qualifying times / lottery. It tends to be warm and it was the year I did it so maybe not the best if you want to PR but for fun.

RunningOnSand

I have not run it before. Thought it might be a cool experience.

Chicago was my first marathon, back in 2010 before they had any qualifying times / lottery. It tends to be warm and it was the year I did it so maybe not the best if you want to PR but for fun.

Wow, I had no idea that Chicago didn't have a lottery/qualifying times before. yeah maybe just run it for fun - for the experience of it.