Beginners and Beyond

3.14 Friday Penguins Agree pie r round, cornbread r square. (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

45 on the elliptical last night, maybe 30 tonight plus some upper body.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning PAD and Pengs.  Health club for me, but no leg machines.  Then off to a local pub for a pre St Patty's Day fish fry.

Have a great weekend !!!

Zelanie

Morning!  Race day tomorrow for me!  I've taken the last 2 days off, today I have 4 easy and packet pickup.  Oh, and I registered for the Portland marathon last night. Smile

Traci- I am so sorry that you haven't found the solution that will work for you!

Jerry- Your diagnosis sounds a little vague as far as knowing whether it's similar to what I had, but you could try McConnell taping and see if it helps.  For me, it was clear enough that I could tell right away it was working.

PAD- Hope the elliptical goes well later!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks Z.  Good luck tomorrow.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What up?  I'm still in Detroit for meetings.  I got in an hour of running on a treadmill from the 1800's.  I'm hoping for another hour tonight, either outdoors (yay) or on my own TM.  I'm going to up the intensity of my long run this weekend.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

What up?  I'm still in Detroit for meetings.  I got in an hour of running on a treadmill from the 1800's.  I'm hoping for another hour tonight, either outdoors (yay) or on my own TM.  I'm going to up the intensity of my long run this weekend.

Ox- or Mule-drawn?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

whatever animal powered that thing died.  I set it for 11 miles per hour, and it felt like about a 9:30 pace.

Ox- or Mule-drawn?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Biking tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Morning guys. 5 easy done this morning. Haze still threatening but didn't went to unhealthy level. News of maybe some rain tmr which will clean the air and helps the plants.

Jack, you are awesome.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

This is a busy weekend for us. We have a two day swim meet down in Long Beach but those are fun so it's time well spent with DW and younger DD. Tonight is swim practice and after that is a going away party for some friends who are moving to a suburb of Kansas City. Our friend was hired as the head football coach at a small university in Kansas and they are leaving next week. Tomorrow after the meet is a quick Costco run, laundry and stuff, then off to a St. Patrick's Day party. Sunday is day 2 of the meet. Somewhere in all that DW and need to do an 8 mile run. It's all good.

Oh, She Can noticed in my RR I had the Hulk Hogan mustache for the LA Marathon. I shaved that into the beginnings of a handlebar mustache and both DDs are very disturbed by it. LOL!!  One of them calls it a "molestache" and yesterday when I went in the house older DD said "Uncle Perv is here." Gotta love 'em!

Bin: Smile

Enjoy the weekend. If I don't check in, you know why.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I've been distracted this morning, so I haven't gotten much done yet.  Hopefully that turns around, because there's always stuff to do!  They're doing construction near our house, and last night DH managed to clip one of the traffic barrels and knock his side mirror off.  So he's trying not to drive big roads much until he can get it fixed on Tuesday.  My car is due for servicing, but now I have to wait until Wednesday because there's no good way to get from home to work without big roads.  I have quartet coaching tomorrow, should be fun!

PAD -- I don't know, my pies are usually baked in an 8x8 square pan!

Jerryb -- enjoy the fish fry, it sounds awesome!!

Zelanie -- good luck at the race!!

awood -- hope you can get outdoors tonight!!

Docket -- have a good bike ride tonight!!

Bin -- glad your haze let you run a bit!!

Jack -- sounds like a REALLY busy weekend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I bake my cornbread in muffin pans - so mine is round.

PADRUnner - enjoy your workout this evening.  Any improvement?

Jerry - hope the knee is feeling better.  Enjoy your fish fry this evening.

Z - good luck in your race tomorrow.  Hurray for signing up for the marathon.  When is it?

Awood - safe travels today.  Hope you have time to run outdoors this evening.

D - enjoy your bike ride this evening.

Bin - I hope the rain does clear the air.

Jack - I hope you manage to find time for your eight, and that the legs are comfortable with that distance.

HM - sorry about all the car issues.  I hope you get your focus back so you can get everything done that needs to be done today. Enjoy your coaching tomorrow.

AFM:  It's supposed to warm up this afternoon, so I hope to get out for a few easy miles later.  From 29 yesterday to 59 today.  Crazy.

Have a good weekend everybody.

SheCan

Hey!  Happy PiDay Friday!

PAD-- awesome job!

Jerry- sounds like a fun day you have lined up.  Glad you're forgoing putting any stress on the legs.

Zel-- enjoy your easy day, and hope you sleep well tonight.  You're gonna do wonderful tomorrow I'm sure.

Awood--- LOL-- well, you'll make up the difference when you get home.  Enjoy that pace for now.

DR-- hey you!

Bin-- Glad you were able to get out and do 5!  Hope you get some rain  to clean up your air soon!

Jack-- LMFAO@ molestache and uncle perv!  Your family is about as ornery as mine.  Holey smokes @ your weekend.  Take a moment to breath when you can!  BTW, I just looked at the thread Robert put up.  What a wonderful, thoughtful thing you did.  You really do rock.

HsM-- ugh... I hate car repairs.

Ginny-- yay@ 59*!!! Does this mean your winter is over?  Or is it likely to get cold all over again?

Haven't decided if I were going to run today or not.  The sky is crystal clear, or at least compared to the last few days, thankfully.  Still I haven't decided whether I was going to run or not.  My legs seem to feel sore, but it really may just be phantom pains.  I'll probably try in a bit.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

on my way to badass

Hi Penguins!

PAD- Thanks for starting us off.

Jerry- enjoy the fish fry!

Zelanie- Woot on the 26.2 registration!

Bin- your weather scares me ;-)

Awood- a local exhibit has a dog powered treadmill to run a washing machine.  It still works.

DR- enjoy the bike ride!

Jack- Busy!  You are da man!

HsM-You don't realize how much you use that mirror until you don't have it.

AFM- URD yesterday cause of brutal weather and DS had a snow day.  3 easy this morning(done).  Car serviced and pet foods acquired.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28