Beginners and Beyond

Latest Asthma Update :-) (Read 350 times)

Docket_Rocket

Today I had my asthma follow up. A year ago, I had numbers of high 80s in all the different bronchii. Last time she tested was right after MCM and my breathing was at 70%/49%. That's the large bronchii and small airwaves, respectively.

I thought she was going to chew my ass today for not DNFing vegas after the allergy/asthma attack I got. But she didn't (she does think I run too much but she is not a runner. She was unable to chew my ass off because my numbers are 92%/55%. I have never seen 92%!!!!! The 55% is still low but she thought it was a huge improvement since last month. Especially, since a week ago I had a big attack, so she thinks the numbers would've been higher if I had not.

So, I'm officially off premedicated albuterol. That is huge for me! I am very happy today :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'll fix the lack of paragraphs when I get to a computer!

Forgot to say she liked the idea of bringing a buff and use it in windy races to prevent the allergy attack from happening.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Wonderful! Congratulations, you did it!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dad on the run.

Great news Docket, that's awesome!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's great news, D.

One question - What's a "buff"?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Great news!

Docket_Rocket

You know, headware.  Or aka, bank robbers and cowboy getups.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Happy for you D !

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

That's wonderful news!  Was worried about you last week, it's great that your body is bouncing right back.  *hugs*

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jess runs for bacon

I totally don't understand most of that, but it sounds good!!! Yay!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

You know, headware.  Or aka, bank robbers and cowboy getups.

Oh, OK! Do they make them with HEPA filtering capability? That would certainly block dust mites, pollen, and such!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

i am glad you are checking out ok and glad she didnt beat you like you thought she might Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Great news, D.  Smile  Sometimes it takes awhile to get things right, and it sounds like there may be some room yet for improvement, but things are definitely going in the right direction.

andee1296

Damaris, that's great news. Happy to hear your asthma is so much more under control now!

runmomto3boys

That is fantastic news - congrats!