Beginners and Beyond

Latest Asthma Update :-) (Read 350 times)

CrisRuns

Excellent! I hope you keep improving.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes. Although I would never have noticed I had asthma had I not started running marathons, I think I am in better shape than before. If I had not been as better than now and had I not been doing allergy shots for almost a year, I think the allergic asthma attack during the marathon would've been more severe. Having said that, she is wondering whether my numbers are not higher because of the gazillion races. I cannot be sure of that but I've never felt better and my running and normal life are better now than last year, so....

Great news D.  The fewer med's you take the better.  Do you think your running has actually helped, by putting you in better shape to takle the asthma as opposed to those who are sedentary?

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

That's great - congrats Smile

Happy to be running

Congratulations Docket Rocket!  Big grin

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

Karen M

Congrats on the new numbers!  Smile

Karen

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I was going to ask about your allergy treatments (shots) but sounds like you'd already been doing that.

Anything in particular that they *know* you're allergic to?

And when you were kicking ass & taking names in early running, do you speculate you experienced any asthma at that time or do you think it was truly a sudden occurrence?

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was going to ask about your allergy treatments (shots) but sounds like you'd already been doing that.

Anything in particular that they *know* you're allergic to?

And when you were kicking ass & taking names in early running, do you speculate you experienced any asthma at that time or do you think it was truly a sudden occurrence?

I'm lethally allergic to dustmites...and shellfish but I knew that since an early age.  Dustmites and Vegas, yeah, I'm a fucking moron.

I've had asthma since I was born.  But it never got this bad.  I think that Miami has more dustmites than PR and therefore why I got worse after I moved here.

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

Snickers1230

Awesome news!  I hope it just keeps on getting better for you Cool

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

SkyFlash

WTG!  I have no idea what my numbers are.  I don't think I want to know.  But I don't have attacks any more and it doesn't bother me running so I don't care.

Yay, Damaris!
                      Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awesome news! Hope the numbers keep improving!

m

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Buff! Have you tried it out yet?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not yet, but i f I ever need to rob a bank, I already have it ready ;-P

I have a couple.  She wants meto bring them to every marathon and if I need it put them on.  They are easy to carry but I sure need to make sure it matches my outfit before attempting that.

Damaris

must ladies use them as head bands until they need protection from the sun or dust.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Shakedown Street

even badassier!!!!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)