Beginners and Beyond

Recovery MonDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Still on Cloud 9 from Saturdays race.  I appreciate all the kind words from you all.

I really thought I was going to be more beat up than I am. I felt fine yesterday and now today just some mild soreness in my hip flexors and quads. Maybe because this race was on a softer trail?  It felt great to get out for a short run though. It was 40F with a steady rain...I feel like I can't get warm now.  4mi 9:30avg pace

Time to recover and get ready for this 5k in a month.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

I'll run at lunch and this evening. Some fast stuff or VO2Max at lunch, outside or inside. TBD.

Easy/recovery in the dark this evening. i enjoy that part. Ever since I bought my head lamp, I go run in the park and there's not many people there. Very peaceful.

Now all I have to do is run what I've said I would run.

delicate flower

'Monday.  I dragged my carcass to the pool for a 2500 yard swim before work.  4 mile run tonight.

<3

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Planning on 8/5 today with hilly trail run and easy run around the hood toward evening. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights tonight.

If you have not seen LRB's new choice for our Home page, it's a must!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I did not get my ass up this morning, so it is most likely going to be a rest day..... depending on the temperature and sunshine this afternoon when I pick Dorian up from school, if it is warm enough I might take him in the stroller for an easy 3 mile run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

zzyzx

seated dip, hip adduction, chin, horizontal calf, hip abduction, seated leg press

Exercise bike level 12 alpine setting 32 minutes 12.16 miles.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Man, pics of Tunnel Hill 50 & 100 medals and finishers and finishes are showing up all in my facebook feed........ I know a few people from my area that did it this weekend. Camille Herron broke the 100 mile world record and won the race overall (a woman), she passed one of my friends 3 times.

It's on a pathway or roadway, whatever thingy.... so I am conflicted about their comparing it to something like the WS 100 or Hardrock 100 when it comes to record times and stuff....  should I be?

Also....seeing the constant feed is really making me think about what my 2018 goal would be.... which is just plain stupid.... (I'm not thinking about the 100 mile distance!!!)......

Image result for crazy gif

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

My poll question for the day: for a Sunday 5k, should the race week workout be Tuesday or Wednesday?

Dave

onemile

My poll question for the day: for a Sunday 5k, should the race week workout be Tuesday or Wednesday?

Wednesday

Low volume Vo2max on Wed. That's what I would do.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Runshortii

SRD for me. I did single leg deadlifts yesterday (which I haven’t done in forever) and my poor hammies are killing me

Cyberic

Wednesday

1 minute after the question was posted. I'm pretty sure you can not get better than that, even with a paid coaching service.

onemile

1 minute after the question was posted. I'm pretty sure you can not get better than that, even with a paid coaching service.