Beginners and Beyond

Shovelin' out the Sundailies (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

IT IS SUNDAY GO TIME!

<3

delicate flower

Good morning and wakey wakey!  We got about 8" of snow last night.  Wife and I tackled the cleanup early and it went fast.  Speaking of DW, her flight to Florida this morning was cancelled so she had to rebook to this afternoon. I'll drop her off then hop on the gym treadmill for a while.  Got lots of WORK to do later, too.

Whatcha got today!?

<3

LRB

Supp G!

My plan is to run at some point this morning.  Where and for how long will depend on how I feel when it is time to make that decision.

Right now it is time for Miss. Kuerig to slap me with her love gun!

From the Internet.

Morning normal Dailies! I usually only post in the penguin thread but I've been meaning to come over here too, might as well start today Smile I'm an injury-prone relative newb trying to build a reasonable base over the winter. After a year of trying, I might *actually* succeed in breaking the 20 mpw barrier since I'm finally being smart about my mileage increases (i.e., no speedwork and no racing! Easy miles only!).

We got our first real snow of the year last night so I did 5 this morning in a slushy mess. My feet were soaked before I even left my driveway and my legs are totally beat from all the extra stabilizing action required to not fall on my face, but I got it done.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well.....looks like I most likely won't be running today :-(. My little man has the stomach bug or something, we haven't gotten much sleep since 2 this morning. I made it to 17 days in a row, going to tell myself this is a blessing on disguise..... I think my lower legs were reaching a critical point. Hope my little man gets to feeling better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hi, Lauren!  

<3

LRB

..and my legs are totally beat from all the extra stabilizing action required to not fall on my face, but I got it done.

Nice!  That is twice the workout L-7.  Gonna be sore in the morning, a good sore though!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept 9 hours, yay, and woke up to 88F at 8am.  Da fuck?  It's December!  Maybe Miami missed that memo?  Off to find Trixie, who is MIA and needs to be fed and medded out.  Oh, and bathed because she peed herself again, sigh.

Will try 8 with 8 X 100m tonight.

Phil, hope MBC makes it down here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well had DNS #1 of my injury this morning. I'm sad, because this was my friend Marilyn's first 5K and I was supposed to pace her. She worked so hard. And also, bluerun and lilac jive were there. I decided that I would sign up to volunteer once I was injured. But it snowed from 8:00am until midnight yesterday, at which point it turned into a wintry mix. It was still drizzling and 37 degrees at 5:30 when my alarm went off and I had to make the difficult decision not to volunteer either Sad. With my impaired mobility wearing this damn boot the likliehood of me slipping on snow and ice was too high, and the fact that it is open toed and it was very slushy means my foot would have been cold and wet and probably gotten frostbite. I decided I need to conserve my limited tolerance for walking for the work week and doing the things that absolutely need to get done. So I sadly emailed the RD and explained that I did not feel safe going out in the weather. Sad I feel kind of useless. Not only can I not run but I can't even hand out water to runners.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Sorry Kris.  I decided against racing yesterday and it proved to be a prudent decision what with the blizzard and all.  I checked the results of both events I had in mind and although I may have been in contention for all sorts of bling, those times were likely slower than normal and mine probably would have been as well.

As for today, I hopped in the truck and headed out fully dressed and ready to run at the park.  I never made it though.  I just am not up to running in that shit today.  I am about to hop on the treadmill instead, ZZZZZZ's.

Hope to get on a Treadmill at some point this afternoon For 3-4 miles....have to try out the new kicks. Trying New Balance 860V3's and hoping the heels last longer than my Brooks. Anyone else have experience with the New Balance?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

on my way to badass

Aww Kristin. I feel for ya. FreeSoul- I hope your little guy mends quick. Sparker- I have those shoes. They are holding up well. We got 14" of snow overnight. DH is out snowblowing so we can go get a tree. I might have to run up and down the basement stairs.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.1 I was going to do more but just wasn't feeling it. Hip is doing well but some nerve root irritation is still around. I'll take the 6.1 since I wanted to quit at 4 and talked myself into the last few miles.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB how is your SI joint and stretching?  Sorry you missed the race.

Free soul hope he gets better.  Stomach bugs at that age, or at any age, really suck

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

6.1 I was going to do more but just wasn't feeling it. Hip is doing well but some nerve root irritation is still around. I'll take the 6.1 since I wanted to quit at 4 and talked myself into the last few miles.

Hope your feel better soon. Can't wqit to see you posting more 11.3s and 14.6s

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to