Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: The eatin' season is near (Read 41 times)

LRB

That's one thing I'm still good at. lol

LRB

'Sup.

Me? I'm heading out. You?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I love eating season.

I ran 4 miles.  It was hard and enjoyable at the same time.  This is a weird thing we do.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I love eating season.

Good, 'cause you're about to get six weeks of that shit. lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  By the time LRB was heading to run, I was heading to work.   I have Pilates, 7 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  This morning did not start out well, as I poured myself the usual 5:00 AM pre-swim cup of coffee and got nothing but a hot cup of water.  In my tired haze last night, I did not put coffee grounds in the machine when I set the auto-brew.     So, I did my masters swim sans caffeine and somehow survived it.

I've got a run or a spin to do after work.  I have not decided which one.  The schedule calls for the spin bike, but I missed yesterday's run and could do that instead.  I know you're not supposed to make up missed workouts and I should just do the spin, but if there is one workout to skip, it's the spin.

<3

delicate flower

Turkey Day 5K is looking like a wintry mix with temps in the 20's.  Bring it.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went to bed early, 10 PM is early for me... and was undisturbed for like 7.5 hours before me alarm went off at 3:45 AM, which then I got ready and took the dogs to the trails.

It was 36 degrees, and I overdressed. We ran 6.4 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

NRR

http://www.14news.com/story/33767720/school-bus-driver-charged-in-deadly-chattanooga-crash#

I just had to post this, this angers and upsets me to see something like this. Personally, I don't think anybody under the age of 30-35 should be allowed to drive a school bus, I really don't believe that anybody 25 and under could be patient enough with small children. But besides that, this asshole needs time in a cell and he needs to face the parents of the 6 children who died in his hands.

This just pisses me off, and it's one reason I do not and will not let Dorian ride a school bus, not anytime soon and definitely not during pre-k to 6th grade.... maybe never.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Every season is eating season.

Turkey Day 5K is looking like a wintry mix with temps in the 20's.  Bring it.

Here: low 40's, 90% chance of rain, 15mph wind. Lovely.

8 w/8 strides.

Dave

Cyberic

Indoor track is closed (water damage) for a couple of weeks, so I have to run outdoors, which is fine. But today is Intervals day, and we got snow yesterday. I'll see when the ground is like. It might turn out to be an easy day. It's not like I'm preparing for a race or anything and need to get in my 16 miler even if I'm sick.

Half Crazy K 2.0

NRR

http://www.14news.com/story/33767720/school-bus-driver-charged-in-deadly-chattanooga-crash#

I just had to post this, this angers and upsets me to see something like this. Personally, I don't think anybody under the age of 30-35 should be allowed to drive a school bus, I really don't believe that anybody 25 and under could be patient enough with small children. But besides that, this asshole needs time in a cell and he needs to face the parents of the 6 children who died in his hands.

This just pisses me off, and it's one reason I do not and will not let Dorian ride a school bus, not anytime soon and definitely not during pre-k to 6th grade.... maybe never.

I don't work directly with kids, but work in a special needs school. The large majority of our staff is under 30. All are amazing with kids. Finding bus staff is a huge challenge; these are very part time positions with fairly low pay.

onemile

Indoor track is closed (water damage) for a couple of weeks, so I have to run outdoors, which is fine. But today is Intervals day, and we got snow yesterday. I'll see when the ground is like. It might turn out to be an easy day. It's not like I'm preparing for a race or anything and need to get in my 16 miler even if I'm sick.

It looks like we are going to make it to CIM without getting snow here

LRB

Every season is eating season.

Yeah technically the holidays are the time to pig the fuck out with reckless abandon, I just couldn't figure out how to fit that in the title in a tasteful manner. lol

onemile

Yeah technically the holidays are the time to pig the fuck out with reckless abandon, I just couldn't figure out how to fit that in the title in a tasteful manner. lol

Today is pie day at work. I will be skipping that