Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

BBL!

Docket_Rocket

You better BRB, LRB!

Morning.  RD, so Pilates and Barre classes to make me limp at the end of the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Be woken up, realize I can go back to sleep since I'm doing a race tonight, wake up half an hour later with aura.  WTF!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.7 miles.  That may be my LR for the week Smile.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Be woken up, realize I can go back to sleep since I'm doing a race tonight, wake up half an hour later with aura.  WTF!!

Ugh!

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 3.7 miles.  That may be my LR for the week Smile.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hilarious!

LRB

You better BRB, LRB!

Morning.  RD, so Pilates and Barre classes to make me limp at the end of the day.

Hi.

I won 'eh? Cool. Big grin

LRB

Anyway, I ended up running 7, I think. My Garmin took a shit just before mile 6 so I just guesstimated the final split.

It was actually a decent morning for jogging, as those things go.

Docket_Rocket

Hi.

I won 'eh? Cool. Big grin

Identical!

Sorry about the migraine/aura, bluerun.  Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Identical!

Sorry about the migraine/aura, bluerun.  Feel better.

I'm the cool kid wearing sunglasses indoors.    (Not a smiley face though.)

I got a new computer at work.  It is beyond frustrating that I need IT to do every stupid little thing.  Like... when they asked what software I needed, and I said Adobe suite?  I meant the whole thing, not just Acrobat.  And when he comes back with the computer that is supposedly all ready to go and I ask what happened to Adobe and he shows me Acrobat... yeah, my head hurts.  I'm sitting in front of this fancy new computer (with an unnecessarily massive screen) and I can't even do anything with it because nothing is functional and I don't have the credentials to change it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Brilliant

Grr, sorry about that.  Fingers crossed for your race!

I'm headed out for intervals.  First I had to braid my hair so I can pretend I'm Jenny Simpson. 

onemile

Rest day today

LRB

Grr, sorry about that.  Fingers crossed for your race!

I'm headed out for intervals.  First I had to braid my hair so I can pretend I'm Jenny Simpson. 

She killed it. First ever medal in the 1500m for an American woman I believe.

Shit, I might braid my hair too. 

delicate flower

Ok, for anyone that will be completely bored off their asses ALL DAY Sunday, here is a link to my race tracking:

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/live.aspx#axzz4HOzwPr4u

It'll be Ironman Mont-Tremblant when it's up and my bib is 2029.  My race starts at 6:48 AM.  If you're wondering how I'll be progressing based on my expectations, I am hoping to be in these ballparks:

Swim 2.4 miles:  1:30

Bike 112 miles:  6:30 (17.2 mph)

Run 26.2 miles:  4:00 (9:09 pace)

Transitions plus stops (pee and refuel):  30 minutes

That'll put me at 12:30.  Coach said 13 hours would be good, and 12 hours is a possibility.  All that being said, crossing the finish line before the 17 hour cutoff is my first priority.   I know too many people that missed their goal times by hours, so I really just want to finish.

There are about 20 timing mats.  Everything is metric though, so hopefully Cyberic will be around to help convert the km/hour paces to something people here can understand.  Hope my Garmin doesn't crap out!  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Go, Phil!  Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page