Beginners and Beyond

Hell To Pay SaturDAILIES (Read 57 times)

LRB

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

LRB

LRB

Supp!

You know what it is:

5 X 1000's - straight up, no chaser.

Word to me.  Bet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh wow, I'm early.

I've got a 5k race in 2 hours, a little nervous but excited. Then I've got a fun color run later this morning which I'm probably just going to walk with my sister and niece, the rest of the day will be taking it easy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Morning dailies! Been MIA. More house renovations. 3 weeks in to a fabulous new job. 2 triathlons in the last

two weekends.   You know busy busyBig grin.   Did my 2nd and third tri, first one was in 2011. I am a much better

swimmer now and it was a hellofalot of fun!!!  The June 9th was a pool swim, time 1:29:XX. The second was

an open water swim time 1:40:XX. Of course as usual for where I live there are hills for the run and massive

hills for the bike. also had a big issue with sighting on the open water tri and swam off course so many times I

think I swam an extra 200 yards!LOL

As much as I have run and raced over the last 10 years (will be doing my 100th race this summer) I don't think

I have ever had as much sheer fun as doing the tri's. Next summers goal is a 1/2 Iron before I get too old!  

Hubby and I both enjoyed the tri so much that we are adding in another one in July. Weren't supposed to do

one again until August but we don't want to wait that long!

A few pics from the tri's for you. Hubby did his first tri ever last weekend. Went from non-swimmer in January to 

3rd in his AG at the tri missing second place by just 4 seconds. Jjust  weeks after running a 3:30 marathon.

Can I say he is amazing?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey!  Off to run. Late for me but up with pup 3 times last night. I'm tired. One of his meds for his grass allergy is causing some side effects (loads of drinking water =lots of peeing). So we will need to switch the med. I found it has prednisone in it. Last time he had a med with that same thing happened.   He is just sensitive to it and is a known side effect.

Marjorie

delicate flower

HIYA Saturdailies!  3.5 mile shakeout at 9:38 pace completed.  I also did about 30 minutes of light PT.  Got chores to do today, then we're crashing at Oski's tonight and headed to Boston for the 10K tomorrow.  werd.

<3

happylily

Morning guys!

Beth, that's way cool! Congrats on the new job and you look beautiful in your pics!

Baboon, have fun at Oski's place and good luck to all tomorrow!

Bought my stationary bike and did 60 minutes on it yesterday. I hated the whole 60 minutes and now my ass is sore and I discovered in the shower what chafing really is. Heal damn heel, heal!!!! Also did 200 push-ups in sets with 45 seconds rest in between. 20-20-24-24-20-20-22-30-20

More cycling today and some lifting. Also have to work on a course on child development.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I cannot believe I slept 10 hours but I did.  I am definitely running tonight so I cannot wait.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning all.

Sorry I have been AWOL (not on RWOL); taking some R&R (not on L&O...unlike a number of others).

Actually just a super busy week at work. Fortunately some nice weather to still get in early morning runs every day. Although what is on my log are estimates, since I had a few days of unloaded runs lost due to my Garmin crashing & requiring hard reset for the 2nd time in about a month.

Today, 8.27 miles at 8:54. Pretty rough, felt a lot longer. Not sure if still getting acclimated to the heat (pretty steamy today), or still in marathon recovery mode. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Congrats Beth!

Good luck Freesoul.

LRB, looking forward to the RR.

Also looking forward to Bruce's report on Grandma's (and explanation of the name)

Lily, ouch. If you could only get back to running pain.

Good running everyone else.

Have a great day!

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.4 for me.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

After my easy run yesterday my knee felt kinda sore. Uh oh!  I iced, elevated, and just to be on the safe side took a nice little nap.  But I'm not liking it one bit.

Racers - good luck!

Healers - feel better!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, dailiers! I missed checking in yesterday because I've been trying to wrap up an editing project that is due next week, and with DS home from school, I have to be smart about how I use any available time.

Yesterday ended up being an URD due to storms that scuttled my early morning run, and just not wanting to try to find some other window of opportunity.

This morning two more fronts moved through, so my long run was delayed until after 8. 15.28 miles done in 2:34 (10:07 overall pace). That's a bit slow, but it includes walking while texting a friend who had hoped to connect to run some miles together, and also stopping to buy lemonade and ice from a girl who had a stand set up with her mom's garage sale. It was steamy, though cloud cover hung around, so not too oppressive. And my lower back is achy, I think from running on a lot of concrete this week in older shoes, plus doing a lot of jumping exercises on concrete at Thursday's boot camp class.

I'll soothe my aches with good food and drink tonight - DH & I have a date night as an early celebration of our 12th wedding anniversary.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Saturday and happy summer!

Didn't check back in last night but after work went to yoga then had a slow, easy 5.25 mile run. SRD today. 5K tomorrow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Hey there. This AM was my running groups semi annual loopy run. This time it was 4.4 on a trail, and I have zilch trail running experience. It ended predictably, with my falling face first. My elbow is still burning. I actually screamed when we put a hand sanitizer on it. That hurt so so bad. Here's a pic of me getting patched up.