Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 51 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Summarizing the dailies so far ...

It's too hot!

It's too cold and miserable!

We have perfect weather - nanner, nanner, nanner.

Dave who?

It's fun to come to this thread halfway through the day! SRD (stretch and roll day) for me. I'm waiting until Saturday to run again. I can tell that a bunch of the adhesions or whatever it is in my hip are breaking loose, but there are still more to work on.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Summarizing the dailies so far ...

It's too hot!

It's too cold and miserable!

We have perfect weather - nanner, nanner, nanner.

Dave who?

It's fun to come to this thread halfway through the day! SRD (stretch and roll day) for me. I'm waiting until Saturday to run again. I can tell that a bunch of the adhesions or whatever it is in my hip are breaking loose, but there are still more to work on.

Yep, about right. LOL

Good luck foam rolling.  If the normal one doesn't do the trick, you can always get this beast!    Adhesions be gone!  (yes, I own it and yes, it hurts)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Y'all have been busy!  I had a short-notice project for work to do today so I missed the morning party!  Hope everyone who is hurting feels better soon!    Sounds like a lot of you got some wild weather!  Once again, our weather folks said RAIN...but all we got was a measly little drizzling instead of a good flow....like Mother Nature is actually a guy and has a prostate problem.   So all the city Powers That Be are once again threatening harsher water restrictions this summer if we don't get some really good rain soon!

However, today is a beautiful day.   Sunny, low humidity/dewpoint, 75 degrees. I believe I will go run along the San Antonio Riverwalk today, have not done that in a while, and today is a lovely day for it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rick, great job doing six on the TM.

Fuzzy, excellent eight on the TM.

Marjorie, terrific 10.5.

Dave, good luck on Saturday.

Zelanie, good luck on Sunday.

Ric-G, sweet six this morning.

MBC, four what?

Shari, I'm glad that you're healing. Which rolls and stretches do you do?

scottydawg, enjoy your Riverwalk run.

I snuck my ab work and some more push-ups into my break. One of the classrooms was empty, so I ran into it, closed the door, and got down to business for about fifteen minutes. I needed that.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

10 Kristin's in my high school class. 3 Kristin's in my freshman dorm in college. One that I've worked with for 3.5 years. It's gotten to the point that people think I'm deaf because I don't turn around when people say "Kristin." And of course, there's another on this forum too haha

Here I am!!

Ugh, sorry. This month drives me crazy. You know how your ears perk up every time someone says your name, regardless of whether or not they're talking to you? Yeah...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Run #1 done. 3.33 miles (seemed like a good place to stop). 10 loops easy, hauled ass my last one just to see what I could do - so the .33 was done at 8:10 pace. Fun!

No sign of my new friend Foxy Roxy. I even cautiously walked over to her pipe to see if she was inside. Nope. Sad I'm hoping she just moved to higher ground due to the torrential rain we had last night. I know I've only seen her two days but she's my new best friend and I love her and I hope she's okay. Yes, I am one of those weird wacko animal lovers.

StepbyStep-SH

Oski - That thing looks wicked!

Basya - I'm just rolling everything I can find from the side of my hip, glutes and hamstrings through the middle of my back. Besides basic hamstring stretches I'm forcing myself to do pigeon pose, cow-face legs and similar stretches for that outside of my hip. I really hate them, but I know they are what I need.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

When I first started in this job, we had 5 Daves in the office, it was insane.  So everyone got a nickname.  My initials are DD, so everyone calls me Double D.  Sounds fine in person, but doesn't work too well on internet forums, some people get really disappointed when they find out I'm a dude. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Hey Dailies!

I think I've only been MIA for a day or two, but long time no see. I ran 7 miles on Tuesday, and yesterday was a rest day. I'm still playing Mr. Goodhost, so posting will be sporadic for a few more days. I finally finished my RR for the weekend's race and I'm going to try to post it now before heading out for 2 x 15 min @ HMP with 1 min recovery.

I remember when I worked at McDick's we had 6 Steves at one point.

Hip Redux

When I first started in this job, we had 5 Daves in the office, it was insane.  So everyone got a nickname.  My initials are DD, so everyone calls me Double D.  Sounds fine in person, but doesn't work too well on internet forums, some people get really disappointed when they find out I'm a dude. Smile

Freshman year in college there were 3 Daves on my floor - Big Dave, Little Dave and Hawaii Dave.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Yo, Double D!  Nevermind....

I decided to move my SRD to today.  I didn't notice I have run for 16 straight days.  I guess I need a break?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Double D, LOL...

I think I'm going to bag my PM run. My left hip flexor is a little stiff and I haven't spent some quality time with my foam roller in quite some time, so it's a fair trade-off.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MBC, four what?

4 days until I get my life back

4 days until Phil gets his wife back

4 days until the cats stop yelling at me when I get home from work at 11.

AprilRunner, I hope that foam rolling helps your hip.

B-Plus, have an amazing run.

Damaris, you've earned a rest day.

MBC, in your place, I'd count, too.

I'm on the way to the gym to do weights and cardio. Before that, I'll make a pit stop at Dunks. Small black iced, no sugar. I wish that there were a place where I could buy a Turkish coffee:/

Docket_Rocket

Oh, those damn cats.

4 days!  Countdown!

4 days until I get my life back

4 days until Phil gets his wife back

4 days until the cats stop yelling at me when I get home from work at 11.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page