Beginners and Beyond

Run Girl 13.1 RR - with pics (Read 344 times)

SheCan

Congratulations on your 3rd marathon and continued progress!  80* is freaking unbelievably warm for this time of year;  sure wouldn't have wanted to run a Half in that, but you still did really good.  That metal is sooooo cute!  That's the good thing about girl races is the girly swag.  Awesome running pics also!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Snickers1230

Thanks everyone!

And yes, the best part of a girl only race is the swag is usually way better!  Now I have one more long sleeve shirt to add to my collection.  I think I have 4 total now with only having purchased 1 (the rest were race shirts).  the cool weather came in yesterday so maybe I'll get to wear this shirt once or twice.  It is warming back up this weekend though...

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Snickers1230

Sorry it did not go as planned, Jackie, but you'll get that 2:35 eventually, no doubt in my mind.

Congrats on your half and your persistence and determination in getting to the finish line.

If those are photos of you looking scary, then I bet you look fantastic in your non-scary photos.

The ones I posted were my non-scary pictures Big grin.

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Snickers1230

Congratulations on your 3rd marathon and continued progress!  80* is freaking unbelievably warm for this time of year;  sure wouldn't have wanted to run a Half in that, but you still did really good.  That metal is sooooo cute!  That's the good thing about girl races is the girly swag.  Awesome running pics also!

Thanks!  And the 80* for this time of year is why you will usually not see me do any races past April or before October...  My race season just got started!

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Sloooow.

What a huge swing in temperature between the races! Congratulations, very nice medal Smile

runmomto3boys

I'm so sorry that the race didn't go according to plan.  Bah!  It was just one of those days...and the heat - holy smokes that was a hot race for December.  I love all the pics of you in action, though, and you scored some sweet swag, too: I love that tech tee!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats on finishing a tough race! Love the pics...that medal and shirt are really cool. Next time you will train better and get that PR!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Anomalous

Congratulations on your #3! Like mentioned previously, all can't be a PR. The most important thing is that you finished your race strong. Love the race swag!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice job getting another one done. Do you normally run 25mpw?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Zelanie

Congrats on getting out there and getting it done!

Congrats on finishing #3, you'll set that PR in #4 don't worry.