Beginners and Beyond

No more marathon for me... I'm running for two now. (Read 459 times)

I wondered why my runs have been so difficult lately.  I'm just so dang tired and I found myself... walking... at times.

Then I wondered, "Shouldn't it be ttom by now?".  So I rustled around in my bathroom drawers for an unused pregnancy test left over from three years ago.  Usually I'm so eager to test that it's too early and I have to hold it up to a lighbulb, trying to see if there is a second line.  This time... a big ol' second line right away.

I stood there staring at that test like it was a snake about to bite me.  Noooooo.  I'm training for a MARATHON!!!

That was a few weeks ago.  Earlier this week I had an ultrasound and saw a teeny tiny baby with an itty bitty heartbeat.  Shy

So baby # 7 is due in July.  Guess I won't be running Detroit in October!

I still have no idea how this happened.

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Omg congrats!!!! There will always be more marathons

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Congratulations! That's a pretty fabulous reason to drop out of a marathon, if you ask me. Smile

delicate flower

Congratulations, Jen!!  Big grin

<3

happylily

Babies are the best! You are so lucky, huge congratulations! Who cares about stupid marathons, you're going to have one of those little bundles of joy and poop just for you alone! Yoohoo! Smile

Did I read correctly? Baby #7? You are Wonder Woman, woman!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Lol. You have no idea how it happened??  Congrats! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Baby #7???!!!  You're amazing!  Congratulations, that is very exciting!!

LRB

Hilarious!  You are one of the funniest people on our board, even when not trying!

Congrats!

Singer who runs a smidge

So baby # 7 is due in July.  Guess I won't be running Detroit in October!

If you don't know how it happened by #7, I'm not going to tell you!  Big grin  Congrats!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Congratulations!!!! That's exciting! Holy mama....baby #7???

And if you're really not sure how it happened, I could draw you a picture.

Jess runs for bacon

If you don't know how it happened by #7, I'm not going to tell you!  Big grin  Congrats!!

What I was going to say Tongue Congrats!!!

tessasnewlife

Congrats! I have an idea on how it happened.

Crap....had my response all tee'd up and LRB swooped in.

Congratulations! 

And #7? yikes...I can't imagine.

Thanks, guys!  I really am thrilled.  My youngest is 2 (the oldest is 18) and at age 42 I thought my baby days were behind me.  That made me sad but I enjoyed having new goals and dreams.

I am bound and determined to stay active throughout this pregnancy.  My doctor has okayed running.  I've still been getting in 3 miles a day but I'm sooo tired.

Once this baby arrives I have GOT to figure out how this keeps happening.  Someone said it was sharing forks with my hubby.  At least, I think they said forks...

Running for two.  Drinking for none.