Beginners and Beyond

No more marathon for me... I'm running for two now. (Read 459 times)

Happy to be running

Congratulations! Big grin

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations on the next edition to your family. 

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So somebody was sporking  their brains out! Blush

You really need to be careful.  Strenuous sporking without proper training can lead to all sorts of things.

Glad to hear everything came out ok.  Well.  Uh.  Err.  Hmm.

Randy

So happy for you Jen. Chasing babies is an excellent form of cross training.
          Rubybaby43

enabler

Excellent news!  Congratulations! Smile

(sorry if this is a duplicate....my iPad is acting up)

KLO

more miles = more beer

Antipodean

Congratulations!

I'm not sure I should share a story about my friend, one of six kids. The parents had three and thought long and hard about trying for one more. They tried... and ended up with triplets! Doubled the number of kids in one go!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Just B.S.

Jen!! Such wonderful news, big congrats to you and your family!

There will always be marathons to run, babies are way more important!!Smile

I babysat for my niece two weeks ago while she was in the hospital having baby #4.

I chased around a 36 month, 24 month and 11 month old for 4 hours. It was so much fun!

SusanRachel

Congratulations!  You need only 12 more to catch the Duggars.  Smile

Congratulations!  You need only 12 more to catch the Duggars.  Smile

Hee... you sound like my dad!  He's always saying that I remind him of the Duggars.  I tell him, "They have three times the number of children I do!". 

Plus, I don't think they'd be caught dead wearing the skin tight running pants or the mini running skirts that I wear.  Did y'all know they make maternity running skirts??  Sweet!

Thank you all for the very kind and supportive comments.   Smile

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

The parents had three and thought long and hard about trying for one more. They tried... and ended up with triplets!

Funny you should say that.  (Not funny for those parents!)

I had an early ultrasound during my last pregnancy.  The doctor could see three egg follicles.  Only one of them turned into a baby but there had been a chance for triplets!  We "older" women release more eggs each time.  Undecided

I had the technician check carefully last week and there was only one baby.  Then she said, "Of course, at this stage it's possible for one not to be visible yet.".

I love babies (obviously!) but one at a time, please!

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Congratulations!

I'm not sure I should share a story about my friend, one of six kids. The parents had three and thought long and hard about trying for one more. They tried... and ended up with triplets! Doubled the number of kids in one go!

It's all I can do to keep from pushing this thread right off the edge of the naughty cliff.

Where's Lee.  Didn't he make it over here yet?  Cool

Randy

andee1296

#7 - that is amazing! Congratulations on your exciting news!

Mmmmm...beer

I'm a lil late, but congratulations!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Jenn:

I am so happy for you!!!!

Been following you on DM, your such a hoot.  Had my 2nd when my wife and I were both 42 so I know the route.  Yes it can be tough to have patience, we are not so young anymore, but at least you have a day care center right at your hands,lol.

Please, please keep active if you can, be careful until all is safe and a full term is in sight, and again,,,, I am so happy for you and your DH.