Beginners and Beyond

So Docket Did a 5K Today....SunSmart 5K RR (PIC ADDED TO PAGE 3) (Read 159 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awesome D! You're really making progress, and I love that you're smart enough to see it even though you're still off of your absolute PRs. Hacking and coughing on folks as a race strategy has possibilities - look into that!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

That is really awesome, especially not needing the albuterol!   I can't believe the single file portion in a 5k though.  That's kinda nuts, but good job scouting it out and not getting your shoes wet. Big grin

LRB

I don't know how in the hell you run in that life sized terrarium!

Time be damned, way to give it your all D.  That's what counts!

nicely done especially in those conditions and drug free.

I am doing a 5k in SW Florida on May 11. At this point I think it's just going to be for fun Since my running has stopped for me t he last few weeks. The change form the midwest weather should make it an interesting event.The view of the gulf, crushed shell trails and my DW should make it a good time.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

robinde

Awesome job!

BruceD555

That sounds like some miserable conditions, but nice job on toughing out the asthma sans albuterol.  I think if you had saved the coughing fit to the finish line you might have been able to take her. Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

Trail Monster

Congrats! That sounds tough!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Every race stands on its own merit. Sounds like this one stands up there near the top.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like a great race.  HAve fun!

nicely done especially in those conditions and drug free.

I am doing a 5k in SW Florida on May 11. At this point I think it's just going to be for fun Since my running has stopped for me t he last few weeks. The change form the midwest weather should make it an interesting event.The view of the gulf, crushed shell trails and my DW should make it a good time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Did you get sunblock in your goody bag?

Docket_Rocket

Jerry, yes I did!

SIAR, to be honest, the PR is post asthma from September in worse weather, so yes I've slowed down since then.  However, I think it's this season (my dustmite allergy is hitting an all time high until June) and the little pesky marathons I'm doing every month.  haha!

Awesome D! You're really making progress, and I love that you're smart enough to see it even though you're still off of your absolute PRs. Hacking and coughing on folks as a race strategy has possibilities - look into that!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Nice job!  Glad you were able to finish without albuterol, even at the 5K distance.

Also good that you were able to keep your shoes dry. Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Damaris!  Nice work without your meds. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

hog4life

Damaris, you are one tough lady. I really don't see how you continued with all the coughing. Congratulations on pushing through a tough situation.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome job in spite of the asthma, heat, sun and humidity! You pushed through and have a lot to be proud of!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to