Beginners and Beyond

So Docket Did a 5K Today....SunSmart 5K RR (PIC ADDED TO PAGE 3) (Read 159 times)

RSX

Congrats well done. I found that closing the bedroom door works well when the kittens make too much noise at night.

Docket_Rocket

That does not work because they sleep with us.  If we do, Hershey meows all night (we attempted this and I ended up not sleeping all night while he was sick in the other room).  Ha!

Congrats well done. I found that closing the bedroom door works well when the kittens make too much noise at night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And that's because they are spoiled!Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Great race in yucky conditions.  Congratulations!  I just imagine you after a 5k saying "ok, I'm warmed up.  Now what?"

RSX

That does not work because they sleep with us.  If we do, Hershey meows all night (we attempted this and I ended up not sleeping all night while he was sick in the other room).  Ha!

They sleep in the bedroom closet most nights, (she spoils them by keeping a blanket on the floor in there) but if they wake me up I put them outside the door and let them fend for themselves.

Love the Half

5K's are enormously demanding aerobically so I'm sure that's tough with the asthma.  I have to deal with that a little bit in cold weather but nothing like yours.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job Damaris! You could probably steam broccoli in those weather conditions!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

It's funny how asthma is.  Today, I did an MP workout and the chest was like, pfffttt, this is nothing compared to what we did yesterday so let's run fast, LOL.

RSX, I wish I could.  Hershey would wake up the neighborhood.  He has woken us up in the middle of the night because he wants me to walk him to the food bowl.  He's gotten sprayed (my husband does).  Only thing is that he is half asleep and I end up being sprayed too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nice job! When I'm ready to give up in a race, it is stories like this one that keep me going.

B-Plus

What a great excuse that workout was to sign up for a 5k. I'll have to remember that next time.

Great job with the race! I can't imagine running in those conditions, let alone with asthma. Hopefully you'll be able to do more lung searing efforts like this.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, kimbalion!

Yeap.  I have another one in two weeks.  I am more scared of this Saturday than that....for now.

What a great excuse that workout was to sign up for a 5k. I'll have to remember that next time.

Great job with the race! I can't imagine running in those conditions, let alone with asthma. Hopefully you'll be able to do more lung searing efforts like this.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

How you keep doing those times with that asthma always amazes me!  You really are Wonder Woman!  Congrats on your 5K and, as a melanoma survivor myself (mine was caught very early, thank goodness!) , thank you for doing this particular event!

Yeah, 8 a.m. start sucks.  They do that here in Texas too, in the summer.  I wish they'd start about 6:30 a.m....even 7 a. m. would be better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Docket does 5ks?   I didn't know!

Congratulations on finishing this race with no medication even with the heat and humidity.  I've had that coughing spell while trying to run before, and it's awful.  I can't imagine trying to run a race that way.  Well WTG in sticking in  there and not pushing it until you passed out.  In this instance, you probably did the best you could have safely done.  Good luck for your race next weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

SheCan, LOL.

Picture of the race:

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I look like I was photoshopped, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page