Beginners and Beyond

I think it's Friday Penguins!! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

But I'm not sure, because I couldn't find any Thursday Penguins!!  Did y'all just bail out of the igloo altogether yesterday?

I had a good gig with the quartet, nice audience, good sound, all was well.  Then had a lovely anniversary lunch with DH, woo-hoo!!  After that we headed home and I pretty much read a book until chorus last night, which was also lots of fun.

This evening we're selling sodas at the weekly outdoor concert in Charlottesville.  Non-profits do things like sell sodas, sell beer, check ID's, and so on to earn money for their groups.  So we'll pick up probably $200 for the chorus tonight.  Not bad!!  Run tomorrow, plus laundry, and then a kickoff party for the church choir on Sunday.  Busy weekend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, we did.  I have 9 with 6 X 800m tonight.

Enjoy tonight, HopesMom.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Happy Friday!

HM - enjoy your busy weekend.  I'm glad yesterday was such a good one for you.

Damaris - good luck with the speedwork.

AFM:  We're having Florida weather for the next week, so I'm going to see if the TM is behaving and try to do a run later.  My toe is fine but now I have a bad case of poison ivy from trying to clean up the garden.  Three months of weeds made a good hiding place for the ivy.

Singer who runs a smidge

Poison ivy, doh!!  Sorry about the itchies ...

Zelanie

HsM, sounds like a lovely time!  Congrats again!

Ginny- Sorry about the poison ivy.  Hopefully you were able to knock it back to where it won't be a big issue for the rest of the fall.

It's super hot again here, so I plan to run after dark.  I was feeling kinda crummy the last couple of days, plus my resting heart rate was up according to my Garmin, so I just ran 1 mile yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, ugh!  Sorry about the poison ivy!

Z, enjoy the run after dark.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

A Run After Dark.  It's RAD!!! 

GinnyinPA

I ended up with 6 very slow miles.  I haven't missed the TM at all, but I'm glad it's here when I need it.

PADRunner

Evening, 4 miles on a .5 trail loop this morning. Did some work on the topper for my truck, wiring and a screen repair, getting it ready for some truck camping.