Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: The straw that broke the camel's back (Read 43 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

I'm heading out, it's 53 degrees. It should be wonderful once I warm up. lol

'Sup?

Cyberic

Ah, taper! I'll run some 8 easy miles this evening.

Yo.

So, I never checked in yesterday.

I had 11 with 6x1000m. It was miserable.

There is no good place to run near my hotel. All roads with no lighting, no sidewalk & no shoulder. For Tuesday's double, I ended up doing loops around an apartment complex parking lot in the AM, and just went for the treadmill in the PM. For yesterday's intervals - I found a HS track nearby on the map. Yay! Jogged over in the AM, managing to avoid getting hit by any cars in the pitch black, and of course it was all locked up. Goddammit. So, back to parking lot loops. Had to stop during the warmup to program my watch, so it's 2 runs in my log.

Anyway, it was ridonculously slow. Presumably a combination of (1) being 3 days removed from an HM, and (2) upper 60's dew point, which I am definitely not used to. The reps were supposed to be at 5k; ended up barely getting to MP. Ugh.

7:30 AM flight this morning, so will have to try to do today's 15 miler when I get home, after my 1.5 hr flight, 3 hr layover, and 4.5 hr flight. Good times.

Dave

on my way to badass

First swim lesson today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. Traveling to Cleveland tomorrow. Super excited for the weather. Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You suck LRB, I am so freaking jealous  It is currently like 70 degrees here, how the fuck is it 53 where you are!!!!? Which is only what..... a few hundred miles North of me, or a few hours.... that is bullshit damn it.

Anyways, enough bitching. I was able to get up this morning, in fact I actually was in and out of sleep since 1:40 AM thanks to our security alarm system people who called me at 1:41 AM, of course I didn't answer because I was so delirious I thought my phone was going crazy. They're always calling due to the motion sensors at the shop which go off due to just about anything.

I ended up getting out of bed at 3:55 

It was 70 degrees and 88% humidity, but felt more humid than that...... Jetta and I ran 8 miles.

I have decided that when I do begin marathon training again (road marathon) I will aim for a goal pace of 9:10-9:29 min/mile, I think that is possible as long as I have no stomach issues.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.4 with it 72F and the DP close to the same.  The weather Saturday morning is going to be more of the same.  Good thing I don't have high expectations or pressure.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

You suck LRB

bullshit

damn it

bitch

You are second to none when it comes to vulgarities. Your sentence structure however (or lack thereof), could use a little polish.

delicate flower

Yo.

There is no good place to run near my hotel. All roads with no lighting, no sidewalk & no shoulder. For Tuesday's double, I ended up doing loops around an apartment complex parking lot in the AM, and just went for the treadmill in the PM. For yesterday's intervals - I found a HS track nearby on the map. Yay! Jogged over in the AM, managing to avoid getting hit by any cars in the pitch black, and of course it was all locked up. Goddammit. So, back to parking lot loops. Had to stop during the warmup to program my watch, so it's 2 runs in my log.

Anyway, it was ridonculously slow. Presumably a combination of (1) being 3 days removed from an HM, and (2) upper 60's dew point, which I am definitely not used to. The reps were supposed to be at 5k; ended up barely getting to MP. Ugh.

7:30 AM flight this morning, so will have to try to do today's 15 miler when I get home, after my 1.5 hr flight, 3 hr layover, and 4.5 hr flight. Good times.

None of that sounds fun.  None of it.  But yeah, fatigue will get you, and the high dew point is a pace killer even for us folks who are used to running in that stuff.  A dew point in the upper 60's is going to cost you anywhere from 30 to 90 seconds a mile.

'Morning, kids!  I was up early to swim for the third day in a row.  I've got a run to do tonight as well.  Keeping everything real easy until Saturday.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with 2 at MP since I mixed the days yesterday.

Dave, sounds like Florida.  We don't have sidewalks and we don't have shoulders, mostly.  Sorry for the tough run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You suck LRB, I am so freaking jealous  It is currently like 70 degrees here, how the fuck is it 53 where you are!!!!? Which is only what..... a few hundred miles North of me, or a few hours.... that is bullshit damn it.

Anyways, enough bitching. I was able to get up this morning, in fact I actually was in and out of sleep since 1:40 AM thanks to our security alarm system people who called me at 1:41 AM, of course I didn't answer because I was so delirious I thought my phone was going crazy. They're always calling due to the motion sensors at the shop which go off due to just about anything.

I ended up getting out of bed at 3:55 

It was 70 degrees and 88% humidity, but felt more humid than that...... Jetta and I ran 8 miles.

I have decided that when I do begin marathon training again (road marathon) I will aim for a goal pace of 9:10-9:29 min/mile, I think that is possible as long as I have no stomach issues.

Then you suck too, since it's feels like 90F and 75 dewpoint here.  Wanna switch?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Rest day today. Traveling to Cleveland tomorrow. Super excited for the weather. Lol.

Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Yo.

You have it tougher than I do. I should think of what you go through next time I want to complain.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are second to none when it comes to vulgarities. Your sentence structure however (or lack thereof), could use a little polish.

I like my sentence structure  yours in the quote looks like touretts. Poop head.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)