Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

What up doe troops!

What are your plans today?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Rich!  Morning, Dailies!

Today, work 1/2 day, get knee x-ray (it is feeling better but it's good to be sure), head down to the battlefield to help set up for tomorrow's Marathon. I won't be running anything tomorrow, but I will be helping out as I can.

Have a great Friday, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I decided it's too cold to run outside this am Big grin

BTW, Men's Cadence (2012) on clearance at REI

http://www.rei.com/gearmail/gm010110_7/cm?cm_mmc=Email_com_gm-_-Newsletter-_-010110-_-img_outlet

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3 miles this morning. I wanted 5, but when my alarm rang I may have snoozed a little too long.....I need to stop doing this, this happened for one of my runs last week too! Meh....at least I got out there. I was FREEZING too...I never ever under-dress but I really underestimated the wind. Temperature was 41 "feels like" 33. That should have signaled to me there was a crazy cold wind happening but I dressed for 33 and apparently should have dressed for the arctic, my whole face is numb!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Happy Friday now!  I wore black shoes with a brown belt today and do so on purpose.  SO SUE ME.  Angry

<3

delicate flower

Oh, I ran on a treadmill yesterday.  Two days in a row now.  TODAY WILL END THE TREADMILL STREAK.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Friday now!  I wore black shoes with a brown belt today and do so on purpose.  SO SUE ME.  Angry

NOOOOOOO

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

TGIF!

All I know is that I have a crap ton of stuff to do today at work and I have a massage scheduled at lunch.   Depending on how those go, I may or may not hit the spin bike tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Plans for today:  rest day and pick up my packet for my 5K tomorrow morning.     After work yesterday I ran at Lackland Air Force Base.  Temp was sweet...63 degrees, a light wind blowing, dew point in the 50s.   I had planned on 3 miles but felt so good at Mile 3 that I went a bit extra.  Ended up with 4.2 miles and I also ran up all the pedestrian overpasses on the base (there are 5) as some hill work.

Hope the X-ray shows good results for your, Tom.  Have fun volunteering with the race tomorrow.

How cold is too cold MBC in your area?

Congrats on even getting out there in that kind of weather, Kristin.  You need to get one of those balaclava/face-mask thingys.

Well, Baboon, at least you're not wearing white, since it's after Labor Day. Wink   Happy ending of the treadmill streak.

A 'crap ton' of stuff, that sounds like a lot of nasty stuff for you to do, Oski.  Sounds like you may need that massage!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Morning, Rich!  Morning, Dailies!

Today, work 1/2 day, get knee x-ray (it is feeling better but it's good to be sure), head down to the battlefield to help set up for tomorrow's Marathon. I won't be running anything tomorrow, but I will be helping out as I can.

Have a great Friday, all!

What do they think is going on with the knee, Tom?  Any ideas?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by Damaris on Thursday:  I had my sonogram.  Sigh.  I might need surgery soon.  Why wasn't I born a man?

Sorry to hear about your possible surgery, Damaris.  However, you're young and strong, I bet your recovery will be quick.   As for being born a man...careful what you wish for...we have our issues too...especially as we get older....like annoying the hell out of younger people at a race because you're standing in front of the can and holding up the porta-potty line cuz you're trying to 'sweet talk" your junk into a free-flow mode.. stupid prostate and bladder... .Shocked   Joking

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

A little colder today than it has been - down below 30*. I'm running after dropping DS off at school - looking for 15 miles on the rail-trail.

Tomorrow will be a 3.1 mi "interval" workout aka my 7-year-old's first 5k. I anticipate one mile of sprint-walk-sprint-walk, followed by 2 miles of "Mom, I'm tired!" But it is for the local autism foundation, and some of his teachers will be there, so I hope it is fun for him.

While this is his first 5k, he has done a half-mile kids' race at a Turkey Trot the last few years, and a couple of days ago, he told me he had his strategy figured out: I'll start out with a light run, you know, just a really slow jog, and then get a little faster and a little faster, then slow down a bit for a while, then a little faster, and then really fast to the end.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD.  Half a day of work and then a long drive to Sarasota.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is November 8th.

Holidays for today

National Harvey Wallbanger Day -  According to legend, this cocktail was named after a Manhattan Beach surfer, but no one knows for certain. Originally a California phenomenon, the drink gained national attention in 1970 when TWA featured the cocktail on its in-flight menu. Interested in making a Harvey Wallbanger? Mix up three parts vodka, one part Galliano, and six parts orange juice. Garnish with an orange slice and raise your glass in honor of National Harvey Wallbanger Day.

National Cappucino Day - Today is also National Cappuccino Day. Cappuccino was created in Italy in the 1600’s. It got its name from an Italian order of monks known as the Catholic Capuchins—a group of friars that wore dark brown hoods, similar to the color of the drink.   Prepared with espresso, hot milk, and a cap of foam, cappuccino is the customary way to jumpstart your day in Italy. In Western Europe, it's just the opposite: cappuccino is most popular as an after-dinner drink.

Cook Something Bold Day - To encourage us to cook something bold and daring, that will fill up the house with warm, "homey" odors, as winter approaches.

Dunce Day - Today marks the death (November 8, 1308) of medieval scholar Duns Scotus of Duns, Scotland.  He was a medieval scholar. Perceptions of his views ranged from brilliant to less than complimentary. Duns Scotus believed that cone shaped hats increased learning potential. He believed knowledge would flow from the point of the cap, down and into the head of the wearer, making that person smarter. And so the 'dunce cap" is named for him. There was a positive side to his use of dunce caps. It motivated the wearer to learn more, so he could be rid of the the cap.  So Dunce Day is all about encouraging learning.

Punsters Day - If you like puns, this day is for you to enjoy!   And please...once a pun a time....Joking

X-Ray Day - Wilhelm Röntgen discovered x-rays on November 8th, 1895 when he discovered treated cardboard he was using in routine experiments glowed in certain situations – the result of radiation hitting the surface. X-Ray Day celebrates his discovery, and all things x-ray; from the use of x-rays in obvious places such as hospitals and healthcare, to less well-known environments such as food safety and improved crop germination.

cappuccino cartoons, cappuccino cartoon, funny, cappuccino picture, cappuccino pictures, cappuccino image, cappuccino images, cappuccino illustration, cappuccino illustrations

cappuccino cartoons, cappuccino cartoon, funny, cappuccino picture, cappuccino pictures, cappuccino image, cappuccino images, cappuccino illustration, cappuccino illustrations

x-ray cartoons, x-ray cartoon, funny, x-ray picture, x-ray pictures, x-ray image, x-ray images, x-ray illustration, x-ray illustrations

x-ray cartoons, x-ray cartoon, funny, x-ray picture, x-ray pictures, x-ray image, x-ray images, x-ray illustration, x-ray illustrations

KEYWORD1  2010-05-29  chess  chess piece  chess pieces  game piece  game pieces  games  game  pawn

KEYWORD1  2009-04-15  taxidermy evasion  tax day  april 15  taxes  file taxes  filing day  deadline

KEYWORD1  1999-07-30  turtle  turtles  hope  hope springs eternal  sayings  pun  puns  reptile

KEYWORD1  hare  hares  bunny  bunnies  rabbit  rabbits  bunny rabbit  bunny rabbits  ewe