Beginners and Beyond

Be yourself WednesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

'Sup?

Hey.

Thank you for starting today's thread, Rick.

RD here.

Little Blue

Good morning folks!  Rest day here, too.  We have another big mulch job this morning, can't do both.

Have a good one!

StepbyStep-SH

Six miles with hill repeats - lots of them.

And my midsection still feels beat up from Monday night's martial arts class where we did the "dirty dozen" - three times across the mat each for tiger crawls (think army crawl, but all arms), shrimping (lay on side, reach arms overhead, then bend at the middle to bring your body forward; roll to the other side and repeat), reverse shrimp (similar to the last one, only you move feet first), and side shrimp (lay on your back and use a twisting motion - shoulders one way, hips the other - to move sideways across the mat). Ouch.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Good morning, Rick! What are you up to?

Morning Basya and Step!

10-12 for me later, depending on how I feel.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have Pilates and that is it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Hansons SRD Wednesday

LRB

three times across the mat each for tiger crawls (think army crawl, but all arms), shrimping (lay on side, reach arms overhead, then bend at the middle to bring your body forward; roll to the other side and repeat), reverse shrimp (similar to the last one, only you move feet first), and side shrimp (lay on your back and use a twisting motion - shoulders one way, hips the other - to move sideways across the mat). Ouch.

I need a recovery drink just reading that, whew.

delicate flower

Hello now!  Good times at the triathlon last night.  It poured like a mofo until about 20 minutes before the start, which made the trails a wet, muddy, slippery mess.   Also, there were more storms on the way, so the race started with a mass swim start for the men instead of waves in attempt to beat the rain (fail).  What a clusterfuck that was.  It was basically 450 yards of getting kicked, elbowed, slapped, and bumped.  Still, I managed to improve my swim time.  The bike was fine, but a little slower (30 seconds) than last week due to conditions.  The run was slower too, and no doubt the warm, thick air didn't help, and it downpoured two miles into the run.  I finished in 1:04:07, which is 56 seconds slower than last week, and 59/122 OA.  The only time I got dirtier in a race was when I did a Warrior Dash.  Last night was fun.

7 easy miles this morning in the SOUP.  Urgh, it's gross out there.  Had to get the miles in early today because I won't be allowed to later after getting a couple of wisdom teeth removed at 10:00.  Be jealous.

<3

Dave

LRB

Had to get the miles in early today because I won't be allowed to later after getting a couple of wisdom teeth removed at 10:00. 

You will be smarter for the experience.

B-Plus

Congrats Boon!

Track tonight.

Cyberic

You will be smarter for the experience.

Zelanie

Congrats Boon!

Track tonight.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am not sure how I am going to manage to get Rocky out the door with me when I do resume his running.... I sure wish Jetta was more attached to DH, because she is just about attached to my freaking hip and probably wouldn't be too pleased about me taking Rocky out and not her lol.

This morning I ran 5 miles, slowish. It was 66 degrees and 94% humidity but not bad at all, there was a nice mist of rain going on and that helped quite a bit. I do enjoy how excited Jetta is to see me get back home, I almost feel bad for leaving again lol.

Then it was off to the gym for Back day and Core.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
                                One Arm Dumbbell Row: 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps
                                Underhand Seated Cable Row: 6 sets / 12 reps / 60lbs
                                Torso Rotation: 5 sets / 12 reps / 75 lbs
                                Machine Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 105lbsX12reps, 115lbsX8reps, 105lbsX12reps, 115lbsX8reps, 105lbsX12reps, 115lbsX8reps
                                Seated Cable Row: 6 sets / 8 reps / 80 lbs

Then after the gym I headed to the river front and ran another 2 easy miles to give myself 7 today, I plan to get my Wednesday MLR's up to 10 miles.

I am going to aim for 5 setsof 200 Bicycle Crunches today, 5 sets of 20 Supermans at home.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)