Beginners and Beyond

Sunny SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Gorgeous weather outside. I'll only be running this afternoon, but it will be gorgeous-er!

And you?

Cyberic

About MacMillan. Just for the kicks I entered a goal HM of 1:25:59 to see if I can understand.

Goal pace 6:34

Recovery 8:14-8:55

L.R. 7:14-8:27

Easy 7:09-8:08

Steady State 6:38-6:54

Tempo 6:20-6:36

Tempo Intervals 6:16-6:29

So Steady State starts just a tad slower that HMP and finishes just a tad faster than MP for me. Weird zone IMO.

Tempo is a few seconds slower to a few seconds faster than my lactate threshold pace. Makes sense. LT work.

Tempo intervals are a bit faster than tempo because of the rest periods. Lactate threshold work done a little different. Makes sense.

Long run paces make sense to me.

Recovery paces make sense to me also.

The faster end of easy pace is a bit weird. Looks like the easy pace range might be the equivalent of the whole easy aerobic and fast aerobic HR zones. No other explanation.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I've got to run 10 miles today but I am totes procrastinating.  We got 5" of snow last night so everything is going to be snow packed and slick right now.  It's going to be 45 degrees today so it's going to be nice later.  I am headed to Atlanta for a week tomorrow, so I could finish packing for that....

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

The McMillan calculator gives me paces that are more reasonable than the training plan did. The plan I used assumed improvement and faster paces as the plan went on (including easy pace). I still find the easy pace fast--it gives me 10:13-11:03, recovery of 11:12-12:03, most of my easy runs are then at recovery pace. The intervals I've done recently all seem to fall in line. The paid plan also used goal pace in calculating training paces, even as I kept adjusting that down, the training paces kept being WTF.

RunningOnSand

'Morning.  I've got to run 10 miles today but I am totes procrastinating.  We got 5" of snow last night so everything is going to be snow packed and slick right now.  It's going to be 45 degrees today so it's going to be nice later.  I am headed to Atlanta for a week tomorrow, so I could finish packing for that....

Sounds like that's your answer? Do you usually run on business trips? I know you're running a HM at the end of the trip, right?

I'm also procrastinating procaffeinating. It'll also be 40* here later today, so I'm pushing off my run til it's a wee bit warmer. I'm also hoping the sun makes its appearance.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 13 miles on the TM tonight.

Off to see Black Panther on IMAX 3D.

Damaris

LRB

I jogged for 7 miles under the sun for the first time in a long time.

Spring is not that far away. We're getting there.

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning! Ha. Just a light dusting. May have zero effect, or may make things a little slippery, depending whether there's anything on the trail. We'll see. Plan to go out for something in the 14-16 range in a bit. Then Black Panther.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I jogged for 7 miles under the sun for the first time in a long time.

Spring is not that far away. We're getting there.

Spring like conditions are less than 2 days away here. Doesn't mean they will stick around for longer than 2 days.

delicate flower

Sounds like that's your answer? Do you usually run on business trips? I know you're running a HM at the end of the trip, right?

I'm also procrastinating procaffeinating. It'll also be 40* here later today, so I'm pushing off my run til it's a wee bit warmer. I'm also hoping the sun makes its appearance.

I have not taken a business trip in years, but I always run when I travel.  My suitcase is filling up since I need to pack for a week of work, four runs, and three swims.  And yes, I have a HM next Saturday.  I am extending my trip one day so I can run it.  Smile

I ran my 10 miles.  Mostly easy but picked it up the last two miles.  7:58 avg pace.  I overdressed a bit, so I was warmer than I'd have liked.  The roads were surprisingly clear, though I did get sprayed by slush a few times.  It;s windy out there too.  34 miles for the week...almost like an actual runner. 

<3

sdWhiskers

8 miles instead of my planned 11-12. Perfect weather, nothing hurting...just tired and ready to be done. No sense pushing it when I'm not really training for anything. Cutback week this coming week with a 5k on Saturday.

Set my alarm this morning to watch the SpaceX rocket launch. Then saw it was postponed to Wed morning and slept another hour.

nothing hurting

What's that like? 

So, the snow was a non-factor, I could only see it on the grass. Pavement was just wet & not slippery because temp was just slightly above freezing. 16 miles at 8:50. Like last week, able to pick it up the last few miles. Pretty happy with that for a LR, and in fact this is technically my first LR since before my October marathon, because 16 is the minimum for me to classify it as such.

58.5 for the week. Also the most in a long time.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 18. It was sunny, but nothing but wind in my face for the last 9 miles. 48 for the week. Which is pennies compared to Dave. I'll get there someday!

RunningOnSand

What's that like? 

So, the snow was a non-factor, I could only see it on the grass. Pavement was just wet & not slippery because temp was just slightly above freezing. 16 miles at 8:50. Like last week, able to pick it up the last few miles. Pretty happy with that for a LR, and in fact this is technically my first LR since before my October marathon, because 16 is the minimum for me to classify it as such.

58.5 for the week. Also the most in a long time.

What's your classification system?

Baboon, ah! I'd thought it was a biz trip. I always feel like I way overpack whenever I bring my run gear...I am thinking that tripling the activities (run, bike, swim), you'd almost need 2 suitcases?? Usually my suitcase consists of the very minor basics...toiletries, minimal clothing & shoes, then crazy amounts of run gear (in case of differing weather (so crops AND shorts, etc.)).

I ran 5. It felt like it lasted for several eternities. Super easy pace, not easy effort. I also brought the dog, so I was probably paying more attention to her and not just getting into my zone like I usually try to do. She's currently sacked out next to me. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

8.4 at faster than easy pace.