Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Up and at 'em? (Read 34 times)

LRB

Ridiculous. I've been woke for an hour and still have an hour to go before coffee.

And apparently, there are 15 MPH winds out there, with a wind chill of 8. Balls, will be frozen....

bluerun

Super B****

No.  I want to go back to bed.

I ran 5.  My hip is still bugging me and I'm really not pleased.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good damn morning!

I rode 23 dry and warmer miles.  No frozen balls here, it was 50F.  I liked the shit out of it.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

I have been awake since 4am, damn cats and weird dreams.  I have Pilates and weights tonight.

Hubby's follow up from surgery is today so I get to work only half day and then go with him.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello! 4200 yard swim done. Not 10,000 yards. Good thing because 4200 was more than enough for my tired upper body today.  I drove by the track and was surprised to see it's completely clear, so I'll go chase my tail later.

Sitting at the auto shop waiting on my oil change now. Exciting!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

These might be the least awful Launch 5s I've seen.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

No.  I want to go back to bed.

I ran 5.  

Dave

sdWhiskers

I also want to go back to bed.

5.7 miles done in complete darkness and wind, FTS.

Docket_Rocket

Hubby's follow up went great.  Discharged and no restrictions (which we were already doing in the last few days).  MRI in a year to see if the sliver left is still invisible.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hubby's follow up went great.  Discharged and no restrictions (which we were already doing in the last few days).  MRI in a year to see if the sliver left is still invisible.

Glad to hear the good news!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GinnyinPA

D - that's great news. Will you both go back to work now?

LRB

I had the worst episode with my hands while running that I can recall. By mile 3, the fingers on my left hand were frozen, by mile 5, the fingers on my right hand decided to join them. At mile 6, I was in pain. Literally. Toughed it out and got inside to the warmth and they started hurting worse! I wasn't ready to subject them to water but was on a time schedule, so reluctantly, I hopped in the shower; YEEEOW!! Gawd was that a bad idea!

Not sure what was up today. I've run in colder conditions without anything like that ever happening. The air must've been frozen or something. Who knows.

Anyway, 7.5 slow ass miles done. 👎 👎

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LRB - That's scary!  I wonder if it was also humid and windy.  We know wind, but humidity can compound the effect of the cold too.  Hope you're thawed out by now.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GinnyinPA

LRB - I have problems with my hands going numb at fairly high temperatures (30ish). I've known that agony when the feeling comes back. Ouch.

delicate flower

I ran 7 miles on the rail trail.  A beautiful day, except for the rather steady 20-30 mph winds the entire focking run.    Thankfully I was "just running" and didn't care about my pace, so it was just annoying getting knocked around.

I took today off from work to relax.  I am just now sitting down to relax...spent all day gettin' shit done.

I had the worst episode with my hands while running that I can recall.

Oof.  Not fun at all.

<3