Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Bird Day Dailies (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

Happy Thanksgiving, folks! It's 6:00 and I'm fixing to race. Then all day eating begins.

Please respond.

<3

Cyberic

Re: Baboon

Dear Baboon, I wish you good luck on your race this morning.

Run commute for me in the coldest day so far this year. I mean we're still in November 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck baboon!

I ran an easy 3.1 miles on a nice morning.  The turkey is now in the oven, and all is well.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! (Even you Canadians who are working a normal day)

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck Baboon!

Getting ready to head out to the race. It looks cold out.

bluerun

Super B****

Getting ready to head out to the race. It looks cold out.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Be fast, racers!

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Even to Eric who already had his.

Shitty night's sleep for me; been up since around 2:30 AM and it looks like that's about it. Which should make for a fun drive later. We are heading down to Eugene to see DS; it's a 5 hr drive based on mileage, but you never know, it can also be 7. Hopefully everyone did their traveling yesterday and traffic will be relatively light today. Poor planning because we will be on the road during the Bears game, but I guess that's why Al Gore invented satellite radio. Looking forward to seeing the kid anyway.

Decided to come downstairs and have breakfast around 4:00. Figured that was less stupid than going for my run already. But will probably do that pretty soon.

Dave

delicate flower

19:25 in my 5K. 6 OA and 2 AG. Huzzah!

<3

Cyberic

Cold butt report: nothing to report, actually. Since I was paying attention, there was a little while when I felt some cold on my behind, but it was not just the butt, but the back of my thighs, too. I was in an open area (field like), and had the wind in my back.

The potentially problematic area is always the face. Not cold enough for that today, but in the coldest days of winter it is a problem I have not found a perfect solution for, yet. I still go out, try things out, but everything I've tried either affects my breathing, or leaves exposed skin. Around the eyes is also a puzzle.Ski goggles fog up, and sun glasses make an area on the bridge of my nose get cold.

But overall, running in the cold is not a problem.

Cyberic

Excellent!

Outstanding work, Baboon!! You've earned all the food and football you can take in.

Dave

LRB

Shitty night's sleep for me

I had dreams for the first time in weeks. Two of the most bizarre that I can remember. Very strange.

LRB

In 15 degrees no less POW! 💥

In 15 degrees no less POW! 💥

Brr!! Need clothing report.

Dave

LRB

Annnnd my inbox is already overrun with pre Black Friday deals.

I had dreams for the first time in weeks. Two of the most bizarre that I can remember. Very strange.

Aren't most pretty bizarre? I rarely remember my dreams. My wife OTOH, likes to tells me all about hers, and tries to figure out what they mean. My general belief is that they usually mean nothing, but that always seems to be the wrong answer.

Dave