Beginners and Beyond

Helloooo .... it's FriDAILIES? Helloooo? (Read 49 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (The person who started this thread ROCKS!)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Where is everyone?? It's almost 7 a.m. central and no DAILIES???

Yesterday I ran 5.22 miles with friends in a nearby state park - some on trails and some on roads. Leaves are changing color and it was a beautiful morning. Then I did an hour strength training class, which is always fun, but tends to leave me feeling wobbly afterwards.

4 straight days of runs+cross-training has my feet and ankles feeling a bit worn out, so today will be a SRD, but possibly with a walk and some stretching and rolling.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 at 4 am for me. Wanted to be back before our house guests (dad and wife) were up.  Well, I didn't need to rush.  They still aren't up.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!  I agree with Step that the internet needs to wake up already.

Today has all the makings of a quiet day in the office.  I do see that a 2:00 meeting magically appeared on my calendar.  That tends to happen when multiple admin assistants have access to edit my calendar.  Based on the meeting agenda, I think I'll be passing on that one.  Late Friday meetings should be outlawed.

8.3 miles at 7:53 pace last night.  I've got 8 more easy miles planned today, and they may be on the treadmill if the weather forecast is correct.  That's fine though since the RED SOX game will be on.  I passed 1,000 miles for the year last night.  I didn't think I'd get there.  Not bad for four months' work.

<3

Hell yeah Phil, you've kicked some major ass this year.

Last night was 2 miles easy, 2 x 4 @ HMP w/ 5 minute active recovery, 2 miles easy.

LT paces,

#1: 8:42, 8:24, 8:08, 8:10,

#2: 8:44, 8:46, 8:38, 8:19.

Tonight SRD.

TGIF.

LRB

Where is everyone??

Waiting on you babe!  Cool

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got better sleep last night, started taking Excedrin yesterday for this migraine thing and it is helping a lot. For the first time this whole week I had the strength and energy to get up before 7:30 (or 8 a.m period). Another rest day, maybe some strength exercises or something.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

(The person who started this thread ROCKS!)

lol

Did you see the edit I put in like a week ago?  No one caught it!  Heh.  I guess that answered my question.

Photography class last night so no workout.   My next assignment is to take 10 photos that represent "me".    What would your ten photos be?  Cool

Today will be a double work out - runch and then weights after work.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

lol

Did you see the edit I put in like a week ago?  No one caught it!  Heh.  I guess that answered my question.

Photography class last night so no workout.   My next assignment is to take 10 photos that represent "me".    What would your ten photos be?  Cool

Today will be a double work out - runch and then weights after work.

Hmmm running shoes, trail you run on, running gear, more running gear, some of the meals you  are making.....

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

I'm on a little hiatus from running for a while. I've got some mild but recurring foot pain and I want to let it heal properly.  But my legs totally feel like running.

Maybe I'll replace those swim goggles I lost my cat stole and start hitting the pool.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

B-Plus

Good morning Friday!

6 miles @ 9:10.

Will run for scenery.

I don't know, but be sure to send them to DaveP for his composite.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Scattered showered fortunately didn't show up this morning. It looks like we're in for it this weekend. Cool and rainy. Not my type of weather. This morning's run was a 6 mile Pace run @ 8:26 avg. A little faster than MP. Like many others doing a FM soon, this was my last MP run before my race.

Today I did have a first on my run. I was stopped by another runner and asked for directions. The guy seemed like a student from the college and he said he was supposed to meet up with a friend around 6 AM and run a trail. He asked where the trail was, and I told him. But I also told him I wouldn't run it because it's broken asphalt. Take it from me, broken asphalt in the dark = ouch. He asked where I was going and I told him - it sounded like he wanted to run with. I guess I'm a loner because I told said goodbye and headed on my way.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Hip Redux

I don't know, but be sure to send them to DaveP for his composite.

lol

My question was what would you pick for YOUR photos, not mine.   But thanks for the reminder to keep Dave guessing.  Tongue

It's official - I'm losing my big toe nail.  I do not run enough to warrant this kind of crap!   It's not fully off yet so it's getting caught on my sock and shit.  Horrible, icky, gross feeling.    I went to a smaller running shoe because the ones I were in gave me blisters (too wide a toe box in the men's size) and now the smaller size is causing me to lose out on my nice pedicure.   FML, man.

Zelanie

Good morning!  I think I have a little bit of the crud that's going around.  Running last night, or maybe the beer afterwards, didn't help. Today is a RD, let's see if I can kick this thing before the weekend.