Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty THURSDAILIES need to hydrate! (Read 225 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Weezer88

Cool Another day, another run.  Cooler today than it was yesterday, bundling up now.  8 mles or bust.........

Have a GREAT Thursday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Four or five easy miles tonight. I did 4 easy last night and it was chilly. 26 degrees and windy. I am definitely missing summer. Sad

Samurai in Training

No idea. 

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Yesterday was the weight machine ritual at the gym followed up with some cardio on the stationary bike - they need to put a fan in front of that thing.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

I might take a rest day... or I might get 3 miles in.  I'm not sure yet.

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Super early for me to be running...heading out for about 12 easy miles with some new running people from the triathlon club. I think I may be taking this group run thing too far though. More than one social run a week feels like a lot. We'll see.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning.

Speedwork last night was hard. I am nowhere near where I was when I was trying to get where I was but I shall perservere.

The plan tonight was an easy 4 with the running group but DH isn't feeling well so I will likely just run on the treadmill here at home. It will save me some calories from the pub grub anyway.

Have a great day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Happy Thursday morning, everyone. Whenever I post from my iPad, there are no paragraphs in my post. Everything is just shoved all together. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm considering trying out a spin class at the gym. I took spin a couple of years ago & wasn't a fan, but I swear there must be something I'm missing. Because the people at my gym fight tooth & nail to get into the classes. ?? We'll see - it'll be an hour at the gym doing some sort of cardio. Have a wonderful day!

Angela 

LRB

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING LMAOCool  Hey....you over there....WAKE UP!

10 miles of speed for me on the treadmill last night (8:10 avg pace):

• 1 mile warmup
                        • 10 x 1/4 mile at sub-5K pace (6:40ish), full recoveries
                        • 6 x 1/4 mile at 10K pace (7:40ish), full recoveries
                        • 1 mile cool down
                        • Legs dead

Honestly I wanted to push harder but my legs were still feeling the 5K from Sunday a little bit.  It was still a good-not-great run...probably an 8/10 on my satisfaction scale. 

8 cold, easy miles on my post-work schedule today.  I really don't mind the cold one bit, but all the runs in the dark are starting to wear on me a little.  I like daylight. 

Have a great day, muchambos! 

<3

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday so today is just a let down Sad  Wish it were Friday.  Or at least I wish I could wear jeans to work today.  That always makes it better Smile

Have a good day!

Bob.

Eat my shorts, Eddie.

Hi Gang.

Thanks for the warm welcome the other day. It's kinda that chaotic time at school, so once that dies down, I hope I can be more personal in the dailies. 

Headed out for a hilly 11 in a few moments. It's about 30 degrees colder than it was on Tuesday. Who turned December on?

Docket_Rocket

Thank you!  I was about to send an APB for LRB's coffee!

Morning!  My run went great last night so I'll run again tonight.  Nothing hurt, the breathing was OK. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

GOOD MORNING LMAOCool  Hey....you over there....WAKE UP!

10 miles of speed for me on the treadmill last night (8:10 avg pace):

• 1 mile warmup
                                • 10 x 1/4 mile at sub-5K pace (6:40ish), full recoveries
                                • 6 x 1/4 mile at 10K pace (7:40ish), full recoveries
                                • 1 mile cool down
                                • Legs dead

Honestly I wanted to push harder but my legs were still feeling the 5K from Sunday a little bit.  It was still a good-not-great run...probably an 8/10 on my satisfaction scale. 

8 cold, easy miles on my post-work schedule today.  I really don't mind the cold one bit, but all the runs in the dark are starting to wear on me a little.  I like daylight. 

Have a great day, muchambos! 

I can't wait until I can do something like this on a treadmill!  I'm new to speed work and new to the treadmill.  What kind do you have? or do you go to a gym?  I'm in the market for a new one.  Great job by the way!

Today is a 5 mile run for me.  I did strength training last night and my shoulders are killing me. 

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com