Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

I jogged for 65 minutes.

I had no energy and my legs were dead so it pretty much felt like a slog, but it's done and out of the way.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Track before work and it was cold out.  My legs felt heavy which I suppose is normal during marathon week, although the tempo pace was still pretty good (4 x 4 minutes at 6:30 avg pace).  My hands froze the entire run.  I should know better than to wear the light gloves when it's below 30 degrees.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was Leg Day at the gym!

No automatic alt text available.

If it's sunny and in the 50's today, I'll probably take Dorian for a run after I pick him up from school.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely, and I love the progress my calves are making.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

10 miles in 41 degree rain. Very wet.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with 2 @ MP.  Bugsy didn't eat much during the night, so if he hasn't by tonight, I'll call the vet for some pain meds because he might still be in pain from the surgery.  Other than being quarantined until his final tests are done tomorrow, he is very loving and happy to be able to sleep and eat again.

He was so pissed when I picked him up at the vet last night...  Welcome home, Bugsy Siegel Schwartz.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

5.7 miles -- merino wool is WARM.

Swimming tonight should be super fun, since my arms are pretty sore from the last couple of days of climbing.  Can't wait.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with 2 @ MP.  Bugsy didn't eat much during the night, so if he hasn't by tonight, I'll call the vet for some pain meds because he might still be in pain from the surgery.  Other than being quarantined until his final tests are done tomorrow, he is very loving and happy to be able to sleep and eat again.

He was so pissed when I picked him up at the vet last night...  Welcome home, Bugsy Siegel Schwartz.

He really does look pissed off at you... lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Hesitated between a RD and easy run commute, thinking a rest could be good for my leg. Chose to run. I'll see if that was a good decision

Also went over 2500 miles today, 3rd year in a row.

Dave

Cyberic

Also went over 2500 miles today, 3rd year in a row.

How many face plants?

How many face plants?

I am trying to run a report from my training log, but this data is not coming up. Need to get Eric to add a field.

Dave

zzyzx

lat pulldown, standing calf, and pec fly followed by the one, the only, stair challenge. I won't be here on Thursday so I did it today. 41:45 which isn't record material but it's solid.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LRB - 65 minutes is better than nothing!  Yeah, I have and hate those days too.

Baboon - No gloves at those temps?!  Best be extra careful during race week.

FreeSoul - Nice work on those calves.  Those muscles can be the hardest to develop, especially if you don't have them.  Fortunate for me I have naturally developed calves.  Unfortunate for me they don't make me run faster.

Docket - LOVE Bugsy's face!  Badass... just like mom.

bluerun - Where do you go climbing?  Indoors or out?

Cyberic - Getting caught up, but great winter photos a couple threads ago!  Yeah, best to protect those man-bits.

Dave - With that consistent training volume, it's no wonder you're racing so well.  Great work!

zzyzx - What's a stair challenge?  Sounds scary.

For me, after a 12 day streak it's a rest day.  Mostly because it's our anniversary today.  Need to make a happy wife. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

bluerun - Where do you go climbing?  Indoors or out?

Also -- happy anniversary!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

LRB - 65 minutes is better than nothing!  Yeah, I have and hate those days too.

Better than nothing? 7.5 miles, pretty standard for a weekday run..