Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Penguins (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

he "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey PAD, thanks for getting us started, I was just getting ready to start a thread since I didn't see one.  Got some sleepy Penguins today! lol

15 miles yesterday, half on the boardwalk, half on the trail.  The ocean and trails together, hard to beat that! Smile

9.5 miles today, just through the neighborhood, but still a good run.

Can't wait for some football tonight, go Giants!!! Big grin

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

PADRunner

6 long and 1 behind the mower.

Bin Running

Dave, sound like a good run for yday. Are you on vacation?

Pad, nice run. Mowing miles has extra points.

Heavy rain at 3-4am and I had to ignore the 5am alarm to sleep in. Made up 14M at indoor track. I break it up into 3 segment and take water breaks in-between. Not so bad after all. My longest turn is 17M so far. Keep skipping my longer ones. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Thanks for getting us started, PAD!  I am so sleepy that I put my oats on the stove to cook without any water this morning.  So I guess I had "toasted" oatmeal!  I was planning to run 3-5 today, but honestly I am not feeling it, so I think I will take a RD.  I did get my 1:00 plank in and will do my PT exercises.

D2- Kind of nice to have some time just to run miles for the fall now that your half is done!

PAD- Nice LR!  We could probably stand to mow here, but I don't know if we will.

Bin- 14 M is nothing to shake a stick at!  I was still dragging at the end of 10.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

PAD: Nice work with the mower!

D2: Where are you?

Bin: 14 miles indoors? Wow... is it as bad as a treadmill?

Zel: I am about to sit down to some oats, as well. I even put blueberries on mine... Smile

As for me, I just did my first 16 miler with 10@MP.  It was tough, but I I feel pretty good. My time was 2:08 with an 8:03 average pace. I am happy because my 10 mile push averaged 7:37. Smile  The rest of my day will consist of favorite chair, newspaper, nap, repeat.

Have a good day, Pens.

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Dave-- you had two really tough days back to back.  Though the ocean and trail run sounds pretty awesome.  Hope you're feeling alright now.

PAD-- Hi ya!  Good job on the 6, though the mower mile is making me feel guilty.  Our yard needs attention today.

Bin-- great job on the track run.  Mentally that really had to have been hard.  Breaking it up into manageable segments was a good idea.

Zelanie-- LOL@ trying to cook your oats without water.  That sounds about my speed.  Hope you start pepping up some, otherwise, just take it easy, and enjoy a lazy day.

Jack-- holy moly @ that workout!  Are you sure you haven't done this before?   You've sure earned your right to nap in your favorite chair today.  Enjoy!

I had a fun week this past week, and put in some decent miles also.  I did however miss another Plank day one day.  Today I'm taking a scheduled RD and my muscles feel like they really need it.  I did however do a short 60 sec plank, and will probably try to do more in a bit.  Last night we attended a art gallery show with several of my artists friends.  It was the first public show I've ever been in and was super happy to have sold one of the 2 paintings I had in it--- at the price I had it marked!  It really felt good to get some recognition and hear everyone's comments.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good, and cool weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  I have been laying low, meaning napping since my failed LR this morning.  I have been battling a cold and with Hershey in the hospital, it was bound to happen.  So, 14 miles with 7 @ MP +10% instead of the LR I was supposed to do.  So, I keep resting.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Hi!  I have been laying low, meaning napping since my failed LR this morning.  I have been battling a cold and with Hershey in the hospital, it was bound to happen.  So, 14 miles with 7 @ MP +10% instead of the LR I was supposed to do.  So, I keep resting.

Hope everybody is doing well.

((((((((( Damaris )))))))))))  I'm sorry Hershey has been having so much trouble.  Its no wonder that having a sick pet has affected your running.  That is still an excellent LR.  Anyway, babe, hang in there, and hopefully Hershey can come home soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

DD1 Married, CHECK.  Extend running streak, CHECK.

Wedding was perfect, downtown on the river, with perfect weather so dancing and drinking on the patio.  I did not twerk the toast.

Stayed downtown after reception and ran 5 lakefront miles. Tons of runners training for Marathon. Then had breakfast while they were filming Transformers right outside the hotel.   Very cool with explosions, cars flipping over and mayhem.

Docket_Rocket

((((((((( Damaris )))))))))))  I'm sorry Hershey has been having so much trouble.  Its no wonder that having a sick pet has affected your running.  That is still an excellent LR.  Anyway, babe, hang in there, and hopefully Hershey can come home soon.

Oh, forgot to say, Hershey is home since late last night.  Which is a reason why I didn't sleep well.  By the time we brought him in, it was close to midnight.  And I had to wake up at 4am to run in this shit.  So, sleep was probably the biggest culprit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Jerry!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Bin, not on vacation, but I live close to the beach. Smile

Mel, definitely looking forward to racking up some good miles now.

Jack, I live in Virginia, about 30mins from the beach.

Cherie, I'm feeling great. Smile  I don't usually have problems with a couple of good days back to back like that, if I keep the runs easy.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

DD1 Married, CHECK.  Extend running streak, CHECK.

Wedding was perfect, downtown on the river, with perfect weather so dancing and drinking on the patio.  I did not twerk the toast.

Stayed downtown after reception and ran 5 lakefront miles. Tons of runners training for Marathon. Then had breakfast while they were filming Transformers right outside the hotel.   Very cool with explosions, cars flipping over and mayhem.

Congratulations to your DD, Jerry!   So happy the wedding went so well.  That's so awesome about them filming Transformers right by the hotel!  Neato!

Docket-- Oh, forgot to say, Hershey is home since late last night.   I'm so glad you have you baby back.  Hope you get some rest and he keeps getting better.

Cherie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: congrats to you! That sounds like a great weekend.

Docket: I hope Hershey is better.

She Can: it is my first! Lol...

My naps are going well. Wait a second... Time for another. Smile