Beginners and Beyond

Ok admit you've skipped a rest day to get a monthly mileage total :) (Read 131 times)

sirdizzy

LOL I did it today, ok well technically today isn't a rest day as Fridays are swim days but normally no running or biking so I can get ready for my long runs or long bikes or long bricks on the weekend.

Snuck out for a 11mile bike ride this morning before work so I could hit 400 miles for the month Smile  And of course I'll swim over  a mile after work Smile   138 running, 259 cycling and 4 swimming for May my first 400 month

Admit you've done it too, 400 is just a sexier number than 389 Smile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I don't know, I try to think of it in terms of training. An even number does nothing more for my fitness than an odd one, so I don't pay much attention. I do have a training goal of running a 400 mile month (likely will try for Aug. with its 31 days), so I might push it for that.

You had a nice month of tri training - good work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

flarunner

Nope, can't say that I have. I just run and whatever number I end up with is the number I end up with.

StepbyStep-SH

I have - not just for the total, but for one of Van's challenges. I ran all but 2 days one August, including really pushing the last week, to get to 300 miles. Haven't been close to that total since then, but I skipped a couple rest days that last week because I was going to be within reach.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

sirdizzy

LOL what we do for numbers hehe I got a flat yesterday and didn't feel like running home 6 miles in the heat pushing my bike so I ran 2 miles and had my wife pick me up or I'd have only had do 6 this morning.  I got a flat on the stupid road they rock chipped and changed it but must have missed the obstruction because I got another flat shortly after.  I was out of tubes so last night I patched two tubes just to do the ride (I always like to carry a spare), so I spent time patching tubes to do it too Smile

I have - not just for the total, but for one of Van's challenges. I ran all but 2 days one August, including really pushing the last week, to get to 300 miles. Haven't been close to that total since then, but I skipped a couple rest days that last week because I was going to be within reach.

delicate flower

Nope, can't say that I have. I just run and whatever number I end up with is the number I end up with.

That.  Even when I came up with 199.75 miles in a month, I left it at that.

<3

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I almost never even know what my monthly total is. I track by the week only.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

LRB

My rest days are sacred.  The only way I would run on one was if this guy was chasing me:

Village people

I would never let that happen.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I suspect I might have once or twice in 45 years. I checked my log and saw two months in the last 10-12 years with totals of 100 miles and 100.1. It's possible, but not confirmed, that I might have added another mile just to get there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Just B.S.

Ditto.

13+ years of running and I never keep track of monthly totals anyway.

Besides my running rest days are usually swimming or cycling days so I'm busy anyway.

sirdizzy

I used to track weekly but after several years it just became easier to track monthly.  I like to look at my weekly in kind of a month to month or training cycle way.  If I am in the middle of a training cycle I will want to make sure my weekly miles are in a certain range (right now I am training for a marathon so I want my weekly mileage to be at a 40+ running wise) but when I am out of a training cycle I am more likely just wanting to make sure my monthly mileage hasn't slipped, easier to track a base monthly then weekly.

I almost never even know what my monthly total is. I track by the week only.

sirdizzy

I think that would make me twitch until I was dead from twitching.  I couldn't let 11 miles slip from me a quarter of mile ughh.  I will run a quarter of mile to even out my weekly stats ran 14.3 today instead of 14 so I could have 44 for the week can't imagine leaving a month at 199.75 that would drive me crazy.

sirdizzy

I swam yesterday too to get the last mile I needed for 400 Smile (it was a swim day anyways).

Ditto.

13+ years of running and I never keep track of monthly totals anyway.

Besides my running rest days are usually swimming or cycling days so I'm busy anyway.

Just B.S.

I swam yesterday too to get the last mile I needed for 400 Smile (it was a swim day anyways).

Good job Diz.

Me I just don't care about totals or round numbers. When the run  or swim or bike is over according

to that days schedule it's over!LOL

Besides I'm an old lady. I need my rest.Big grin